Author Topic: Too large realms (possibility of penalizing bigger realms more?)  (Read 25872 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
As much as I agree with this I just can't see a way to make people drop their nationalistic ideas. The main problem is that nationalism is great tool for leaders trying to gain power. Asking people not utilize nationalism is asking people not gain power is... yeah... not gonna happen.

Not entirely true. If you start telling people that there's more in it for them (let's think medieval here), then they might be more easily swayed to drop their nationalistic ideas. I think it's an attitude that you have to take as a player, too. In the past I tried not to be part of the entire nationalism-battlemaster-game, but it is impossible unless your duke recognize the bond he has with you (I was a knight).

In Ibladesh I tried implementing a better bond between knight and duke to have the duke be responsible for the actions of his knights, and to give him the ability to determine the punishment. The problem here is that most dukes didn't care enough, because they were rusticated into their passive position. Which it is not. A ducal seat should be the most active position ever.
Ardet nec consumitur.