Author Topic: Consoldated messages for actions/orders  (Read 1928 times)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Consoldated messages for actions/orders
« Topic Start: April 14, 2016, 12:00:50 AM »
There are some places in the game where it is a bit frustrating as a player because there are multiple reasons you can't do something, but they are only shown to you one at a time. I think it would be nice if we can collect a list of those and see if they can be gathered into an array and all of them displayed

First example:

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Consoldated messages for actions/orders
« Reply #1: April 14, 2016, 12:06:38 AM »
If you wish to Buy Region, you can't if:

- you are already a lord
- it has a lord
- you are within the capitol perimeter
- your amount of family gold
- perhaps other things

But,

If you are a Lord, it says you need to step down first, without telling you that there are all these other issues why you still won't be able to buy it, causing players to step down & have to be re-appointed. I think in this type of situation, all the obstacles should be listed. This is more a case of a bunch of nested "if" clauses than any intentional design, as far as I'm aware.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 14, 2016, 09:11:12 AM »
I think it will take a long time to capture all of those.

Also, characters in game usually know most of the requirements for such things. Listing every single one of them seems a little unnecessary to me. I personally did not encounter much situations like you describe.

But that's just my opinion. You do make a point, however.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 16, 2016, 04:40:30 AM »
I think it will take a long time to capture all of those.

Also, characters in game usually know most of the requirements for such things. Listing every single one of them seems a little unnecessary to me. I personally did not encounter much situations like you describe.

But that's just my opinion. You do make a point, however.

I'll have to disagree with you - a lot of players ask OOC because they don't; the devs should know them off the top of their heads; and it's a good idea to have that info consolidated in one place where anyone can look it up.

I think the code is actually all in one place, it is just written with nested if clauses, so you only see the first one that comes up. Code may have changed, but I suspect not.