Author Topic: Woo me to your realm  (Read 7907 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Woo me to your realm
« Reply #15: June 22, 2011, 08:17:54 PM »
...since nobody will let me burn them to the ground. I keep hoping they will just fall apart but it never seems to happen.

My fault again. I annoyed Galiard until he got that written into the alliance treaty between Arcaea and Ohnar West :P

I'll keep an open mind about religion.

I'd actually be quite interested to see more Arcaean nobles following Adgharinism. Although the current war isn't supposed to be religious, Arcaean nobles following the Arcachonian religion is surely to bring about some interesting situations.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 22, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »
Hah, good luck with that. Despite its size, Arcaea is surprisingly homogeneous in...well, everything.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 23, 2011, 12:47:58 AM »
Arcaea used to have a large Adgharist population.  At one point, I think we had half a dozen Adgharist lords, and quite a number of followers, with temples in at least a third of our regions.  Not so many now, but there are still a couple and none of the other three religions present have any real dominance.  You could probably get a number of people bored with MAE to join.  I keep meaning to make that splinter sect to try and revitalize the Aenilic religions, but silly people keep deciding to not go along with my plans and make me hurt them  ;D
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 26, 2011, 02:55:12 AM »
Sounds like I should be pushing The Order of the Elders further up north :)

I think we're still the strongest faith on the Island - Lords and Priests in Kindara, Zonasa, Arcaea (I think), C'thonia and Cathay.   

Plus, I don't think anyone else has a level 7 temple :D   

Time to be looking at expanding the Faith again I think, since we've pretty much made peace with the Aenil.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 27, 2011, 05:43:47 AM »
Well, Arcachon is completely bat!@#$ and allowing holy pilgrammages (I have no idea how to allow it in the game mechanics).

The wooing of Arcachon as the only true theocracy could be summed up as "It's the only realm where it's nobles will quite literally invoke 'faith' as the counterpoint to pretty much anything."

Don't have an army?  Faith.
Don't have a diplomatic grand strategy?  Faith.

It's the CM Punk of the FEI.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #20: June 27, 2011, 05:44:39 AM »
Faith in what though? Or is it just a hotword that gets thrown around without anyone knowing or caring about its meaning?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 27, 2011, 05:49:04 AM »
Faith in what though? Or is it just a hotword that gets thrown around without anyone knowing or caring about its meaning?

From what I've hard, there are a few characters that play the faith angle well, a small group that pay some lip service to it from time to time and the rest solider on oblivious, which is par for the course in most realms and religions. They tend to integrate the faith into the realm more then the other realms of FEI so far as I know, but it would be a stretch to call them a Theocracy.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 27, 2011, 05:51:09 AM »
It's got meaning, but it's not internally consistent.

See, if you lose it's because of a lack of faith.  You may not yet know it but you clearly sinned.  It's one of the advantages of having a founder that's gone missing, you can pretty much take things out of context to make your case for anything.  Well, almost anything.  Though it's often an excuse to do wierd things and then back-justified, which is awesome.

It's not a personally revealed religion, but it is old school celtic in a lot of ways.  We had one Lord announce that leaving food in large piles for the birds was his way of giving praise through sacrifice.  Another who is convinces a giant black Moa plots her downfall for an impure thought.

If it's awesome, we'll find a way to fold it in.  Somehow.