Author Topic: Capturing my own scout  (Read 1912 times)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Capturing my own scout
« Topic Start: April 21, 2016, 11:32:04 PM »
Scout Captured   (just in)
personal message
Your men bring you an enemy scout who was captured while trying to gather information about the region. You can beat out of him that he was sent by Kethan D'Espana, Knight of Shifgrethor, who has his camp in Shifgrethor currently.

So I just wanted to check something. The upper message would seem to be OK, except that I am playing the character Kethan, which means that I captured my own "enemy" scout, I beat out of him that he was sent by me (duh) and thus gained the information that I was in the region that I was. Good news, I guess.

Is this supposed to happen? I'd say it's a bug, but I want confirmation before reporting it.
D'Espana Family

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Capturing my own scout
« Reply #1: April 22, 2016, 02:09:44 AM »
So many roleplay opportunities...

Training your scout in anti-interrogation techniques.
Your unit really really dislike the scouts who get all the best bread and wine.
Your scout is blind. He really should find another occupation.
There's absolutely nothing happening in the boring ole region except for you and your men, so your scout played private investigator with your soldiers.
He's not really your scout, but a scout sent to get captured and claim he was sent by you, to gain your trust. Your scout was killed and his clothes worn by the imposter.

I think we could consider this one a bug though. Just one of those bugs that 'eh, its kinda amusing to keep around for the rp humour'. Should be an easier one to fix though.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Capturing my own scout
« Reply #3: April 22, 2016, 06:40:31 PM »
So many roleplay opportunities...

Training your scout in anti-interrogation techniques.
Your unit really really dislike the scouts who get all the best bread and wine.
Your scout is blind. He really should find another occupation.
There's absolutely nothing happening in the boring ole region except for you and your men, so your scout played private investigator with your soldiers.
He's not really your scout, but a scout sent to get captured and claim he was sent by you, to gain your trust. Your scout was killed and his clothes worn by the imposter.

I think we could consider this one a bug though. Just one of those bugs that 'eh, its kinda amusing to keep around for the rp humour'. Should be an easier one to fix though.

Never said it wasn't a funny one, the first thing I did was sharing it with the realm  ;D

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=8637

Seeing that it's already reported, this thread can be locked as it is. Thanks everyone!
D'Espana Family