Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 125097 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Topic Start: April 26, 2016, 01:55:21 PM »
This is not the right strategy to increase player density. In fact this may be the exact opposite of the right strategy. D'Haran nobles are not going to join other realms if they lose their estates. They are either going to emigrate or just quit the game. If you want to encourage the players to bunch up, have the Monsters attack the realms with low player density. They actually have ground to give.

The trouble is, as things stand, the monsters are in the west, and the realms you just named are standing directly in almost every past from west to east.

That is why I propose to allow the monsters to use sea zones.

And I know that the GMs did not intend it as such, but putting the refugee realm on western Dwilight just seems spiteful in hindsight. "We are sinking your island. What's that? You want to keep playing? You can go play meat-shields for some strangers on this other island."

This is the one thing that has been said that I disagree with absolutely.

Why?

Because we made three refugee realms on the EC, and called out the one on Dwilight specifically as being a very hard frontier realm. And still people flocked to it at much higher rates than the others.

This may not be true of any other realm on Dwilight, but not a single player in Westgard gets to complain that the monsters are too hard, when we explicitly stated that it would be a very hard fight just to survive there.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan