Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 124529 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #15: April 26, 2016, 06:42:00 PM »
Is it our travel times or their travel times that is the bug? I thought regular travel was effected by the region production levels, thus the "very bad, bad" road signs.

That's correct. It's their travel times that are the bug.

I observed in the not-too-distant past monsters embarking on a ferry route that should have taken them about 3 days to cross arrive the following turn.

Something in the turn scripts is definitely not paying proper attention.

Update: I found it. It was a stupid reversed comparison sign (basically, "if MonsterGroup's time left to travel is > 0" rather than "if MonsterGroup's time left to travel is ≤ 0" put them at their destination and finish the travel).

All monster travel subsequent to this should now operate based on (essentially) the same rules as player travel. This includes appearing in the region showing "approaching from Keplerville" once they're less than a turn's travel away, which should make it much less shocking to be on the receiving end of a group coming across a sea route.

Now, to look into sea-zone travel...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:50:58 PM by Anaris »
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan