Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 123281 times)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #15: April 27, 2016, 12:50:45 PM »
As the Ruler of Westgard, I think I should probably weight in on this. :-)

1) I don't know what the exact cause was, but at one time we reached the point of 94,000cs monsters. They took back all of our regions except the capitol. They then cross into Astrum, or they would have finished us off - with no regions, we had no troops we could recruit, and were basically finished.

I have the feeling a GM stepped in and saved us. In either case, perhaps a some sort of cap on the spawning to keep things within reason? At the moment we are kind of breathing & living the "easy life" - we have a couple regions under threat, but are solid. I can understand it being more challenging than this, but not to the extreme it went.

2) Thank you for looking into the rogue travel bug. Unit testing works - give it a try.

3) I have been saying for years - REMOVE THE EXTRA "REALISM" TRAVEL TIMES. It ruins the island. Everyone spends all their time traveling. It was an interesting idea, but being a game should trump being realistic, and a game where all you do is travel is boring.

4)  A goal. I have been roleplaying about "The Order" -  an imaginary group of black magic wizards or whatever driving the hordes against us. Someone mentioned bringing in the Zuma more.

I know the GMs are already running the Invasion on BT and so are a bit stretched, but perhaps there needs to be a "reason" to keep pushing. Otherwise it just slips back into "get a region for everyone" mentality, and we really don't have so many players for that. The "desperate fight against the hordes" will only have so much steam before it becomes mechanical to everyone.

I'm really not sure what the end game to push for is, but I think if something could be thought of, it would really spice up the island.