Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 125367 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #225: November 22, 2016, 09:10:22 PM »
You are not suppose to fight it though. You are supposed to pack your things and move somewhere or crush other realms for your own survival. It was stated, monsters will continue to swarm realms until noble to region ratio becomes 2~3 to 1. If I remember correctly, it is around 3 meaning unless we go down to 65 regions, monsters will hit realms hard. At the moment players control 107 or so regions so players need to lose about 42 regions.

This is why you do not want to see other realms expand as their expansion will cause more pressure on other fronts.

If I were Madinans, I would head north and abandon the current lands. You won't last long now Port Raviel is gone. Monsters will pour into Madina City as well from Port Raviel and once you have to deal with another front, you won't last long. So start planning your next moves. You have more time than realms that were lost to the ice age.

When realms only had 90 regions, monsters weren't as bad as now but people kept expanding and now hordes are pissed. How unfortunate.

While I actually enjoy the monsters, and made it a point to go to a realm where I could fight them the most, I would like to point out that "cripple realms to make them attack others" is a strategy that has been attempted at lot in the past, in multiple forms, and it has *never* worked out.

There's something that feels kind of wrong with those choke points accumulating so many monsters, though. Since monsters don't de-spawn, or at least spawn way quicker than they spawn, it leads to ridiculous forces eventually concentrating to the point of no one being able to handle them.

Perhaps the code should limit how many monsters may aggregate to an area, severely reduce combat effectiveness of monsters when they are many, and/or cap the total population of rogues the continent can have?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 09:24:05 PM by Chenier »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron