Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 125380 times)

Ulfang

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #225: November 23, 2016, 01:40:16 PM »
Well it does seem that the plan is to drive players away from Dwilight. When I took over in Madina there were hardly any players in the realm. 2 or three. It took time but we built up the population mainly due to the closure of other continents. Most of the players in the realm have worked hard to build something of the realm. They are invested in it. You can't just say sorry but you have to go find somewhere else to live and start over. I understand the cold eyed logic you are using but Madina, Fissoa, D'Hara, all the realms have a rich history which matters to players. I'm sure Barca was the same before the decision was made to wipe them off the map.

I have shared the forum post with players on Madina and the consensus is that if they are forced out of Madina they will either pause their character, deleted them or move to another realm. No one wants to start over with a new realm. I enjoy being on the frontier and fighting creatures that populate the west but not when your entire lives are made up of defending your holding constantly attacked by ever increasing hordes. When we first started expanding the hordes were easily manageable but what we are experiencing now reminds me of when the monsters first started to rise in great numbers in the west. When Madina is destroyed the players will disappear as well which is sad because this was the first continent I joined and I have some great memories here. The continent is no longer fun. Quite the opposite.

The decisions being made since the cataclysm in the west seem very mathematical. Unfortunately many players don't find the enjoyment for this game in mathematics but in roleplay and atmosphere.