Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 123328 times)

EstionTarcyn

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #30: May 02, 2016, 06:24:06 AM »
I must say that there was a tendency for this post to gradually derail a little bit as the tone became more hostile player and admin/dev between, and now some player to player which is not the intention for this thread to begin with. It was to raise awareness amongst the devs how many nobles in one realm felt, apparently alongside what many others felt in different realms.

I would like to point out that the choice should not necessarily be that it is the players' own fault if they are not enjoying a game due to mechanics, and regardless it should always be considered when there is complaints, that being said, some point out that Dwilight is in fact the RP continent, as such the logic should not be "Well, it's your fault for being in D'Hara, that's how mechanics work." Elegant came there with refugees from Atamara, and as such RP wise it would make very little sense to just pick up and go somewhere else.

Because the realm is in constant combat against NPCs then we are not allowed to do non-combat roles largely, only those getting food so we can sustain ourselves do not follow the routines across the board, the essence of what happens leaves little room for RP. We did have RP when we marched to take Paisly, but after a while, fighting the monsters left people uninterested in the RP with it, and again when people are saying constant combat, it is not combat with a purpose either, we are not fighting a war against another realm for this or that cause, we are simply fighting because the monsters are coming at us in waves. If you have not tried the constant fighting against NPCs I don't really think you understand how little it leaves you to do otherwise.

The game is an RPG largely, and we cannot really do RP, nor can we actually engage with other realms as we have nothing to offer them in terms of war or anything else because we are constantly doing this, that's the whole point of the thread and what Elegant said.