Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 125060 times)

EstionTarcyn

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #30: May 02, 2016, 02:04:47 PM »
Amusingly enough, you're actually wrong about what this game is. It is largely a strategy game that is welded together via player RP. If this game were just about RP, then we wouldn't even need to bother with an interface and coded mechanics, but rather just a map. What you're talking about is basically Spellmaster, an earlier game by Tom that this game is a strategy spin-off of. War Islands (the game) is the opposite extreme, being strategy completely divorced from RP.

Dwilight, by the way, has always been a constant fight against Monsters and undead, despite what you may believe. Technically Dwilight was never any more RP focused than other continents, but instead focused on making said RP more serious and period appropriate. However, Dwilight's atmosphere influenced the other continents, so it is no longer any more an "RP" continent than East Island.

And by the way, RP-wise, as a refugee, he would head to the most secure realms, aka the North or Swordfell. Or do you not follow the refugee crisis, where refugees skip Turkey, Greece, Macedon, Hungary, and Austria because Germany is more wealthy?

Keep it up though, I can come up with rebuttals all day. Not least of which is the notice every player gets that not all realms are the same, and if they aren't having fun there, should feel free to go elsewhere.

I'm sorry in advance, but I really must ask, what has made you so prone to unrelenting condescension and generally just being bit of a (insert random expletive here). I have seen it a few times over in some realms where you have kicked off OOC because things didn't go your way, or you didn't agree with something, and you become rather nasty to play with or discuss things with.

As I have said, this whole post was there to point out the way that current mechanics work has slowly dwindled the interest of those playing in D'Hara, and possibly other realms. In a game that is already struggling with having players entirely that seems to be an issue. That however seems to be worked on and possibly solved by the devs and admins who I am sure, as I have said before, has the best interest of the game at heart.

Firstly, I would like to remind you that noble fugitives were different than fugitives we have today. They flee to a place where their stature and position could be retained quite well, and not in a realm where there was little hope of advancing their own position. At to that, that RP wise most of said nobles had family members in D'Hara which led to them wanting to go there after both IC and OOC discussion in Atamara. (One of the things I actually remember you kicking off about when it was discussed in CE on Atamara, before you emigrated after your little outbursts) In fact I do think you need to fact check a bit more, as Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt combined have taken in more than 4,8 million Syrian refugees to some estimates whereas Europe has less than these combined. Now let us get back to the game, shall we?

@Noone you Know

Thank you for a bit more civilized and adult post. While I agree there isn't a lot to prevent RP, there is little to encourage it. With the onslaught people are simply losing interest, and as such people lose interest in the RP as well, while you can argue that is the players' fault, and I do agree to some extent, it simply is also just up to the fact if the setting offers you only one thing to do in game as well as RP, then the RP will stop alongside it.

Now you mention the inalienable rights, which is true, and I don't think anyone is stopping anyone from playing as so, however, the issue is that, if you were to play a priest or a courtier you would really be losing your foothold in the realm as it would just slowly lose ground. People can play these parts, but there is very little to do with them currently. So it comes down to if you want to play that way, they would more or less have to leave D'Hara for it.

Again, I would also state that realms are, should and have been different, but simply denouncing it as that is false, as the gravity of the situation has risen so much due to the latest updates that we have not been able to defend our regions, there has always been fighting against monsters in D'Hara, but it was not previously that there would be a horde in our regions per day. Port Raviel has for example fallen due to not being able to rebuild the walls for months at a time. In fact the guy who was lord there eventually just said "f**k it" and gave up.