Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 124548 times)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #30: May 02, 2016, 02:53:26 PM »
Now you mention the inalienable rights, which is true, and I don't think anyone is stopping anyone from playing as so, however, the issue is that, if you were to play a priest or a courtier you would really be losing your foothold in the realm as it would just slowly lose ground. People can play these parts, but there is very little to do with them currently. So it comes down to if you want to play that way, they would more or less have to leave D'Hara for it.

Who cares if you lose your 'foothold'. My character in Luria Nova has been cast aside pretty much by the current Emperor, after he was captured trying to assasinate Arkady (which IC he of course denies). Another was appointed Margrave of Aveston in stead and after taking up an estate in Giask (emperor's region hehe) I got kicked out. So what? I'm actually having fun with the char, but don't think for a second he's done any fighting for the last months and hasn't had an estate either. This might be a rather extreme case, but it was to show that even a 'falling' in esteem doesn't have to be a problem. A priest can play the 'poor man' thing perfectly as well for instance. There are enough powerfull people in all the faiths to even make 'position' work once you work yourself up in a faith, trust me. And the monster invasions create perfect RP material for priests.

Again, I would also state that realms are, should and have been different, but simply denouncing it as that is false, as the gravity of the situation has risen so much due to the latest updates that we have not been able to defend our regions, there has always been fighting against monsters in D'Hara, but it was not previously that there would be a horde in our regions per day. Port Raviel has for example fallen due to not being able to rebuild the walls for months at a time. In fact the guy who was lord there eventually just said "f**k it" and gave up.

Actually it is possible to repair the walls under constant siege...make sure the monsters never reach the walls. It'll cost a bit more mobile forces and casulties, but you can prevent them. Then you can repair them. Also this problem should become less so now anyway.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela