Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 123203 times)

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #315: June 09, 2017, 07:57:24 PM »
And you get 30k CS! And you get 30k CS! But that's not all, for an all-time low price of 0 gold, you can get an EXTRA 30k CS of undead and monsters landing in your coastal regions over two turns.

That's right, doomstack hordes are this summer's hottest gift. Give them to your neighbors, your enemies, and even yourself!  8)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 06:25:54 PM by DeVerci »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #316: June 12, 2017, 01:40:56 AM »
Misery is the West's greatest export! Opening sale!

I think all them low-density expansionist eastern realms are about to find a new appreciation for Westgard's work.

Give us gold and we'll kill them before they sail to your coasts! ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Beldragos

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #317: June 12, 2017, 08:25:01 PM »
The same in Madina.  The new coding allowed them to bypass Candiels and assault half a dozen regions we cannot defend.

Soon, the hordes will be at the door of Fissoa and many of the players in Madina will simply leave, that is the plan I have heard many mention both in this Thread and among ourselves in OOC chatter.

The coding is not allowing the monsters to cross the ocean, it merely allows them to bypass a region used as a chokepoint and tear apart realms. 

I hope the mods are pleased, less players in the near future for Dwilight.  Thanks
Beldragos Family:  Baal Zephon (Madina), Morganna - Adv (Madina), Atrox - Adv (Assassins), Galvenor (Retired), Mephista (Lukon), Luci (Sirion)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #318: June 13, 2017, 02:13:02 AM »
Soon every region including rural region and not only city will have 10K CS militia each. But alas even that could not hold up a candle against the might of 30K CS rogue. I think that is partly due to previous code broken, but the rogue CS keep increasing at their gathering points before crossing the sea. When they landed as they do now, they cause widespread destruction unimagined. Previously they may shackled by code due to unable travel, but now they have been unshackled.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #319: June 13, 2017, 01:08:45 PM »
The same in Madina.  The new coding allowed them to bypass Candiels and assault half a dozen regions we cannot defend.

Soon, the hordes will be at the door of Fissoa and many of the players in Madina will simply leave, that is the plan I have heard many mention both in this Thread and among ourselves in OOC chatter.

The coding is not allowing the monsters to cross the ocean, it merely allows them to bypass a region used as a chokepoint and tear apart realms. 

I hope the mods are pleased, less players in the near future for Dwilight.  Thanks

There's no bypassing being done. It's sea travel. Anyone can do it. If D'Hara has a pair of balls, they could invade the very same regions the monsters are invading.

Quite frankly, the only contributions the players of Madina and Fissoa to the game are lowering overall density so as to make life harder for everyone else. Westgard's been dealing with these hordes for a very long time, and despite being the densest realm of the continent, we haven't been able to establish a viable economy because good for nothing realms like Madina and Fissoa just go on and hog as many regions as they can for no other purpose than hogging as many regions as they can. If you can't kill your share of monsters, than move to another realm. You've got 45k CS, put it to use.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Malus

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #320: June 13, 2017, 03:49:08 PM »
They took the west....now the east is threatened!

The great rogue invasion times good with my wandering prophet and coward marshal. I'm sure it'll balance out some over time, but may much IC screaming of doom commence.
Dwilight: Septimus the Hero (Westguard)
Beluaterra: Lilly the Courtier (Angmar)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #321: June 16, 2017, 05:21:30 PM »
Tell us how you really feel Chenier... I have a hard time having a problem with Madina and Fissoa when Astrum and Swordfell are around.

Dwilights been a terrible continent for a long time though.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322: June 16, 2017, 11:48:52 PM »
Honestly - was the monsters saving Westfold from getting rekt a intended thing or a coincidence? Either way I kind of appreciate the hard-mode on.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #323: June 17, 2017, 01:31:51 AM »
Honestly - was the monsters saving Westfold from getting rekt a intended thing or a coincidence? Either way I kind of appreciate the hard-mode on.

I think its called the "Asylon strategy' everytime we the players do anything the monsters muck it up.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #324: June 17, 2017, 03:27:21 AM »
Tell us how you really feel Chenier... I have a hard time having a problem with Madina and Fissoa when Astrum and Swordfell are around.

Dwilights been a terrible continent for a long time though.

Astrum and Swordfell... what's wrong with them? Seriously. They both interact with their neighbors in both friendly and hostile ways and are willing to take risks. Plus, they are both in dynamic regions, with lots of in-range neigbhors. Why should I dislike them? Also Astrum has a ton of nobles, so that entitles them to having a lot of regions. Swordfell may not have many accomplishments under their belts, but Astrum has too many to count. And even Swordfell's few make them appear like the record-breaking dynamism compared to Madina and Fissoa's track records. Fissoa and Madina may have geographies that largely hampers intervening in the outside world, but it's not like they've really made much effort in that regards in the last... real life decade...

This opinion isn't even anything personal. I just feel that such realms are a dead weight to BM and that by luring the unwary to join them, such as newcommers who don't know any better, it hurts the game overall.

Malus

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #325: June 17, 2017, 09:24:11 AM »
And you get 30k CS! And you get 30k CS! But that's not all, for an all-time low price of 0 gold, you can get an EXTRA 30k CS of undead and monsters landing in your coastal regions over two turns.

That's right, doomstack hordes are this summer's hottest gift. Give them to your neighbors, your enemies, and even yourself!  8)

Like a light Tuesday warmup for Westgard. Wait till they all find a region to collect, spawning some undead from their many digested peasants. Then you got a proper SHTF situation.
Dwilight: Septimus the Hero (Westguard)
Beluaterra: Lilly the Courtier (Angmar)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #326: June 17, 2017, 01:57:46 PM »
Whack-a-mole, buddies.

Beldragos

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #327: June 20, 2017, 12:46:41 AM »
The problem with your assessment is many of the players in Madina have been here a long time and the realm is not light on nobility.  As far as the list goes, we are slightly above the middle point and there are several with less nobles you seem to not pick on.  Currently we have 18 Nobles occupying 9 regions with 8 adv characters.  That is nearly 3/region character count, which places us in the top 5 on the continent as far as density count (rough estimate).

Tell us how we are doing this wrong, our density count is above average and we are fighting a distorted version of forum based Dark Souls instead of the DIPLOMATIC game Tom made.  You claim we are not holding our weight but what has kept our attention faced west for years IRL instead of being able to concentrate other places without losing everything to a series of bad game decisions and coding?

I get it, you are and always have been biased against Madina and Fissoa.  We can all see it in your comments.  Even in your failed attempts to make a new map for Dwilight, you constantly edited us or parts of us out of existence until a Mod told you to stop with the maps because they were not going to remap Dwilight. 

If you don't like us then simply don't say anything about us.  Pretend we don't exist and it will make you happy.  Don't reply to any posts with our names in and it will make us happy.    You will not have to put up with us for long, the current coding is destroying the south.  Once Madina and Fissoa are gone, you will have to worry about further density problems because several of the old players are disgusted with the way the game coding is done but do not want to give up on years of history we created and contributed to.  Many of us will simply retire our characters and go to other islands or quit the game altogether. 

There goes your planed density reassignment, less characters does not equal better game.
Beldragos Family:  Baal Zephon (Madina), Morganna - Adv (Madina), Atrox - Adv (Assassins), Galvenor (Retired), Mephista (Lukon), Luci (Sirion)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #328: June 20, 2017, 01:35:39 AM »
I think I've elaborated enough on why Madina's (non) history displeases me, as well as its geography. You mention the maps, you should note that for the most part, they didn't remove Madina and Fissoa, they just crunched you closer to your neighbors by eliminating the vast deserts and seas that divide you, while also splitting the both of you farther away from each other because adjacent capitals is just a terrible thing.

If you want to fight monsters, then you should be delighted, because that's what you are getting. So what if you lose a few regions in the process? You'll end up reaching an equilibrium determined by your density and skill. If you want to argue that you were somehow incapable of doing anything in the East because of the monsters in the West... you'll have a long road ahead of you to convince me of that. You could have chosen not to hold Candiels, and not to push for the Fields, and Agl, and everything else you've tried to do over there, that would have been much easier, but that's a choice you made. In 2016, so not quite "IRL yearS", really. Before that, the West did not throw rogues at you.

The code will not destroy Madina unless you truly, amazingly, suck. Do you think you are the firsts to be whacked by monsters? These are rookie numbers. Madina was MADE in far worse conditions, and numberless realms, after that, were MADE in much, much, much worse conditions. Many grew to be superpowers. Think Astrum has a nice empty playing field starting out? D'Hara? What do you think Westgard has been up to all that time, since the West re-opened?

The whining is unfounded. Once density lowers, the number of hordes will decrease. Soon enough, once everybody gets their act together and finishes off the hordes they got, they should see a nice period of calm. Rogue spawns are governed by density and every realm (or about?) lost a bunch of regions. And not only will the waves thin out for a while, until everyone takes back all these regions, but those who are hardest hit will receive the least persistence, because these migrant monsters focus on lowest-density realms and no-lord regions. The code is set up in a way to do non-lethal damage. Any realm that dies to the monsters deserves it for being so terrible, because only one realm, Westgard, lacks any chokepoint or other geographical advantage against them.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #329: June 20, 2017, 08:15:37 AM »
The code will not destroy Madina unless you truly, amazingly, suck. Do you think you are the firsts to be whacked by monsters? These are rookie numbers. Madina was MADE in far worse conditions, and numberless realms, after that, were MADE in much, much, much worse conditions. Many grew to be superpowers.

Thats definitely true.
When starting Madina, we faced lots of Monsters anywhere.
In its initial beginning, just expanding past the Gardens was nearly impossible with already a quite rich Madina city and over 30 nobles (50 to 60 at its peak).
The Rogues became less while most of the island was finally taken, but Madinas colonies (and their colonies) in the west faced similar number of rogues for far longer.
Madina had an emergency clause in it's constitution, which was often enforced in order to give the general enough authority to command the armies, just to survive against the rogues.
Thats the isle republic of Madina, not the Monarchy of Madina(current Madina).

However the conditions have been altered since then, with the introduction of monster sea travel, the dynamics have drastically changed.
It was eventually quite easy for Madina to keep the isle safe because the monsters came from the rogue areas.
When they stopped coming from the isle it's self they started coming from the mainland past Candiels, this concentrated the rogues.
Now they come from everywhere, as an island like Madina they can attack every single region from the sea now.
That means every region can be attacked without actually seeing them coming.
Your comparing two different kind of realms under two different kind of conditions.

I am quite interested how people manage to adopt to the sea traveling rogues and if we can manage to ambush their landings effectively.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog