Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 125229 times)

EstionTarcyn

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #60: May 04, 2016, 09:06:17 AM »
Why can't you do those things? The fights are all computer generated. The things you are talking about are all RP.

The fights don't take any of your real-life time. Your character has to sit *somewhere* - why not sit where monsters are?

How are you "busy fighting wars"? The computer is fighting the wars. You just read about it.

Int'l politics? Go be a diplomat or trader. No one forces you to be a front-line knight.

People here keep saying we're just trolling you, but all any of can see are people complaining that they can't do something that quite obviously they CAN do, and it starts to sound more and more like you miss the old ruling clique & game within a game that killed Atamara, and nothing more than that.

Sorry, but that's gone and good riddance.

Well, if you aren't aware then most people do roleplay their settings and situation. If your situation was a tournament, then there would be banter between the knights, if it is war with the monsters, then it would likely be the campaign that would be RPed, the soldiers in their lines and all the like, however, we did that, for a good couple of weeks, and the situation is unchanged, but people grew bored eventually. We have to fight, so people stop RPing, in fact, people stop logging in more or less. Your logic is why use the feedback of the world, it is just text on a website, but that is the setting that we have. To ignore all of that would mean that we might as well not play the game.

"Int'l politics? Go be a diplomat or trader. No one forces you to be a front-line knight."

The whole point that I have tried to get across, and apparently failed is that the game mechanics does not allow this for those in D'Hara, because we have to keep fighting the monsters. The only people who more or less ever leave the Isles are those who trade for food, else everyone else has to fight to retain the realm. Then again, your argument will be "Well tough it out, that's D'Hara." and we will start all over saying the same things again and again.

For your last idea that I miss the ruling clique of Atamara I think you step a bit off the mark. Firstly I was in Atamara for probably less than a month before the sinking, couldn't care less about who ruled it. I had just popped down a character there to get fighting experience. I then took him to Beluaterra I believe where I was in two different realms, one filled of people I knew from Dwilight, and the other one the most volatile and hostile I have ever seen. (Ever though that was fun in it's own way, as it was IC) In fact I do not know if any of the Atamarans who joined D'Hara seem to care, they just want not to be fully focused on fighting unending hordes.

If you want numbers to back up my ideas and theories, well your own realm in Westgard had some 40 nobles at the start, now they are at 32, a strong 20% of your people decided it wasn't worth it. 33% of D'Harans are gone. So whether you think it is stupid that people are leaving, it is a fact that they do, and I have offered one the things here that I believe is doing it. Of course, people might not care, but I think it is quite important to try and save what can be saved, and discuss it for the better.