Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 125200 times)

EstionTarcyn

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #60: May 04, 2016, 11:23:18 AM »
You are the ruler of D'Hara, but I've hardly heard a word from you on the Rulers' channel , and when you do speak, you say very little.

Any player who wants to can take up a different role in the realm, and go travel.

Any player who wants to can simply switch to a different realm.

Any player who wants to can RP about ANYTHING that they want to; it doesn't HAVE TO BE about the monsters.

So I'll ask again - What is it you want to do that you can't? Because I've still haven't seen anything specific that should be blocked.

Yes, monster fighting can be a bit repetitious, and now that it's summer coming, etc, RP will be down - but nothing is blocking you from doing anything.

In the Ruler channel I have spoken relatively regularly in the past, the last month or more I have simply lost interest in the game due to these monster issues, and as such I have stopped really bothering. When a realm asked for aid, we could not provide it, so no bother piping out. I have actively in the past mediated between realms who were going to war, Westgard-Astrum for example. I have had plenty of contact with other rulers as well in the past.

And, yes. Once more I will say that I agree that what you can do on paper is not changed, this is true, you can hear it again, this is absolutely true, but all the same people are losing interest over having to do maintenance work against the hordes. People lose interest and stop playing and become gradually more inactive. I have proven this to you, whether you will it or not. The fact we fight these monsters is what makes people bored.

So let me run through it like this. You can have any role you wish, but it just so happens if we have to few warriors (which is almost the case) people would simply lose the realm they are trading for, or trying to maintain through diplomacy. Nothing is stopping anyone at all, except we are not able to hold onto the land they would do these things for.

They can simply switch to a different realm, and by all means I am not stopping anyone, but some people do not wish to leave the realm where they have already build their character's life in. They simply don't want to start over completely fresh with a middle aged character.

And they can, in the same way I can just RP I have a gun after all, nothing in the mechanics and text would stop me. But you must agree with me it would be rather strange that while fighting the monsters, they sit and have a tea party. RP is very much based off of the world that they live in, so the regions locale and situation is taken into account.

The issue is not what can or can't be done. Mechanically nothing changes with the hordes, but mentally people get tired of having to fight monsters day in and day out without being able to do much else unless willing to lose the region.

Now I'm sorry, but I am not going to bother explain it again if you have no interest in trying to understand it. I am not saying what is right or what is wrong, I am simply saying that the game suffers from fewer and fewer people playing it, and I offered one of the reasons why this might be. I am not saying the game is bugged or glitched out, I am saying the way it is working right now, while intended as such,could be bringing a few people to lose interest.

As for the second part, I think you are stepping into an area you don't really know about to be honest. I agree it is way more than collecting points in any regards, in fact that counts for any title in the game. I have done my part for D'Hara, but you wouldn't know being new to the political scene of Dwilight. You don't know what I have done in the past, and it is a bit rich of you to come and say "Well, just do it."

Though the ideas are fine, issues are multiple with them, there is not estates to house all of the young knights, and we very much do want to support realms in the West, however, except for Mayhem there seems to be little interest in going West, however, the Atamarans in D'Hara is looking to gain a realm at some point in the West. Not to mention, the whole point of the monsters are to create density on the Eastern Isle. I would venture the guess that success against the monsters initially would only lead to even more monsters to create the density to make up for the lack of players, instead of trying to cure the loss of players.