Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 125218 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #90: May 06, 2016, 05:59:46 AM »
From the 9th of each month, or approximately the 9th. Daily numbers sometimes 'estimated average' between 8th, 9th, and 10th as these can vary widely -/+ 30. Rounded to nearest 10th. Server downtime excepted.

November 2011: (registered count is inaccurate here from 600 unremoved inactive accounts, but I'd estimate ~9050 users), 790 weekly, 440 daily

Feb 2012: 960 registered, 760 weekly, 420 daily
May 2012: 1100 registered, 790 weekly, 410 daily
Aug 2012: 1150 registered, 780 weekly, 410 daily
Nov 2012: 1080 registered, 740 weekly, 370 daily

Feb 2013: 1050 registered, 770 weekly, 340 daily
May 2013: 1050 registered, 710 weekly, 370 daily
Aug 2013: 1050 registered, 630 weekly, 340 daily
Nov 2013: 950 registered, 590 weekly, 300 daily

Feb 2014: 840 registered, 550 weekly, 310 daily
May 2014: 800 registered, 540 weekly, 270 daily
Aug 2014: 730 registered, 450 weekly, 220 daily
Nov 2014: 670 registered, 410 weekly, 210 daily

Feb 2015: 600 registered, 390 weekly, 190 daily
May 2015: 590 registered, 390 weekly, 180 daily
Aug 2015: 520 registered, 330 weekly, 170 daily
Nov 2015: 490 registered, 320 weekly, 160 daily

Feb 2016: 460 registered, 300 weekly, 170 daily
May 2016: 440 registered, 280 weekly, 170 daily

The long downtrend (except registered accounts which I attribute to email server issues first and marketing second) stopped around the time of the November and December announcements and code changes.

We were starting to hit into 130s, 140s, 150s in daily usage around September/October/November, peaking around 170s, with an exceptional 190 on October 24, 2015. Weekly was hitting lows of 300s, 310s, averaging 320, from a high of 340/330s in August (last 330 september 2, last 320 october 30).

December we maintained 300s, 310s, hitting 288 for new year's eve and day. December's daily ranged between 150-180. January recovered to 300 and maintained 300s. January's daily between 160-180. February maintained high 290s, low 300s. February's daily between 160-180. March hit 310 (first time since dec 4th@311 or early january@308) and maintained high 290s to low 310s. March's daily between 160-180. April maintained 290s weekly, 150-180 daily.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: May 06, 2016, 06:03:53 AM »
Blue Star...

You... you realize that's from 2015. Last year. BEFORE the sinking of the continents and one noble per continent rule took effect. Meaning it's outdated data at best.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: August 16, 2016, 06:42:04 AM »
Soo, how are people doing at Dwi?

I'm starting to be real bored... so bored that pausing is starting to feel very good solution.

It's not that there is nothing to do, but lack of interaction. Everybody is busy to fight with monsters, there is no real progress on that front either. You gain region, then you lose one. You have that handfull of active nobles... which sorry to say is decreasing all the time. There is monsters and undead group which is about double our realm's CS. So we wait them to TO region and to move another region and then we TO region back. We cant challenge that group, either than it happens to send unit or 2 out from the main group. I would much rather fight war with another realm, interact with the enemy... but for now, its login, scout where and what bugs are doing, logout...

I'm not sure what would be right route to go with DWI, but atleast for me, this is utterly boring. I might just move to another realm towards north, please tell me that whole continent isnt like this?
~Violence is always an option!~

Zakilevo

« Reply #93: August 16, 2016, 06:56:51 AM »

I'm starting to be real bored... so bored that pausing is starting to feel very good solution.

It's not that there is nothing to do, but lack of interaction. Everybody is busy to fight with monsters, there is no real progress on that front either. You gain region, then you lose one. You have that handfull of active nobles... which sorry to say is decreasing all the time. There is monsters and undead group which is about double our realm's CS. So we wait them to TO region and to move another region and then we TO region back. We cant challenge that group, either than it happens to send unit or 2 out from the main group. I would much rather fight war with another realm, interact with the enemy... but for now, its login, scout where and what bugs are doing, logout...

I'm not sure what would be right route to go with DWI, but atleast for me, this is utterly boring. I might just move to another realm towards north, please tell me that whole continent isnt like this?

Well... Jaune. You are in Fissoa... That is one of the most boring places at the moment. Why not just join one of the northern regions? If you want to fight actual realms, you can do so by joining either Westfold or Swordfell.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: August 16, 2016, 07:19:28 AM »

Not doing well. Morek just lost its capital, we down to 2 regions now. The few regions it has, are under constant monsters attack. My character was wounded by monsters in Nimh. It is becoming harder to motivate what few nobles Morek has. Under my character who is General, we helped Arnor to defend its lands against monsters. But we cannot go too far away leaving our own lands untended. Frequent attacks on Nimh and many lands nearby to the point I almost want call it a day for my character in Dwilight. Some of our nobles want fight against Avernus who took our last capital city and duchy, but with our so few nobles numbers, we are feeling hopeless to even fight against human realm and monsters.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Zakilevo

« Reply #95: August 16, 2016, 07:48:31 AM »
Maybe it is time to abandon Morek and join the only theocracy that matters!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: August 16, 2016, 08:28:26 AM »
Maybe it is time to abandon Morek and join the only theocracy that matters!
I know which theocracy you speaking of... Hmmmm.
I guess I know why Morek capital city become rogue, I recruited them as militia.
I thought the men should be happy to defend their small size lands >:(

Putting the problems Morek facing aside, what is the current monsters spawn rate in the east? It looks like it begins to get worse.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: August 16, 2016, 10:49:12 AM »
Okay, I am frustrated. I just know we cannot relocate capital to our one townsland. So with monsters keep pounding at our small army men, I do not even think positively we can retake back our capital. So there is that, Morek likely be history soon.

Dwilight, monsters spawn rate. How come on east lands monsters spawn rate so high, suppose to be west... and how come control drop so much in east lands when we recruit militia, are we supposedly to let Morek die? Morek is a small realm nowadays, 3 regions, recruit militia not suppose to drop the morale so much! >:(

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: August 16, 2016, 11:41:06 AM »
I am a bit surprised by all of this. Mostly because I am not very involved on DWI with my character (that's my own fault).

But I am in Westfold and we're actively fighting Swordfell. To be honest, communication and RP could be much better (and maybe I should start up something..). But we don't really have problems with Undead or Monsters, or at least not that often.

So I'd say if you want to change realms, those two are good options. I am unsure what others are doing.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: August 16, 2016, 12:01:09 PM »
Okay, I am frustrated. I just know we cannot relocate capital to our one townsland. So with monsters keep pounding at our small army men, I do not even think positively we can retake back our capital. So there is that, Morek likely be history soon.

Dwilight, monsters spawn rate. How come on east lands monsters spawn rate so high, suppose to be west... and how come control drop so much in east lands when we recruit militia, are we supposedly to let Morek die? Morek is a small realm nowadays, 3 regions, recruit militia not suppose to drop the morale so much! >:(

Join the fold, Luria Borreal was not to be saved either and I fear the same holds true for Morek. I actually did take up Zakky's offer of joining Astrum (although I got it IC) and just joined. Let's see how that realm is. Boring dead, or fun to play and otherwise I'll just relocate again :p
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Zakilevo

« Reply #100: August 16, 2016, 12:21:27 PM »
Astrum is a theocracy too! Join Astrum fools! You get to work UNDER ME!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: August 16, 2016, 02:42:07 PM »
Lol, I see the Astrum join offer from Zakky to my character too ::)

I hope Katrina did hold court recently and it is not because of that reason, she is the Duke of capital and Judge to boot :'(
I try to think of reasons why capital can go rogue. Never have this thing happens to any of my characters before.
Dwilight is teaching me a few things I never seen before.
Monsters? Your enemy number One!
Human realm? Close number Two.

Let me try one last throw of dice. There is but a few alternatives left. As General, well the power that come with it shall not be wasted!
Maybe my character will be last known Morek General. Maybe my character will be known as savior saving Morek in its last moment.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: August 16, 2016, 03:06:55 PM »
Or neither of the above as people will forget who was the last General of Morek who nobody really cares about much anymore after its split :p

But it would be good to see if you can manage it, but 6 nobles is a very small amount especially in Dwilight with the monsters.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: August 16, 2016, 03:14:32 PM »
Yea, small realms can't really compete with the monster/undead avalanches that tend to form up, which is unfortunate since any colonization efforts are doomed to fail given the ferocity of the rogues.

I think one of the biggest issues is that you can't effectively kill the monsters. Depending on the initial size of the group, they'll get down to 10 monsters and then retreat, and then they'll rally and be beaten down to 5 monsters but still remain. Meanwhile you have another 15k CS worth of fresh monsters coming in from the neighboring rogue region which just spits them out like weeds. Sometimes this can be solved by hunting them, but other times they'll instantly rally so you can't touch them.

As for the amount of monsters in the East, you're actually getting a lot of them that are migrating from the West. We've seen the monsters on Western Dwi using the northern rogue regions just to get to Yggdramir, and then they continue going East ignoring us. I am pretty sure I sent out a letter at one point to the General list about the issue, not sure if anyone actually paid attention to it.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: August 16, 2016, 04:33:48 PM »
Well you're the ones who insisted on giving power to a Mayhem... you reap what you sow ;)

Luria could've told you what a spectacularly bad idea that was :P