Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 124996 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #105: August 16, 2016, 04:46:23 PM »
I am pretty sure I sent out a letter at one point to the General list about the issue, not sure if anyone actually paid attention to it.
People seem to not pay attention to BT Invasion messages either. Or Announcements on things like spawn rates. From when the spawn rates were changed to no longer be west/east based:
2) Monster spawn and behavior on testing islands (Dwilight and Beluaterra) will change. Monster/undead travel will no longer be random. They will prefer to attack regions based on several regional characteristics, such as whether or not the region has a lord, occupied and/or vacant estates, fortifications, or militia.  When character-per-region density drops below a preset threshold, monster/undead spawn rates will increase, and they will begin to actively seek out and take over regions. Once character-per-region density goes above the threshold, the monsters/undead will return to their normal spawn rates and behavior. For Dwilight, the majority of monsters will no longer be confined to the west.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: August 16, 2016, 05:52:01 PM »
The rates are pretty ridiculous though, and with realms already struggling the hordes just pile up out of nowhere. Just now in Luria we had another 15k sitting in one region at one point.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: August 16, 2016, 07:15:01 PM »
The rates are pretty ridiculous though, and with realms already struggling the hordes just pile up out of nowhere. Just now in Luria we had another 15k sitting in one region at one point.

From what I understand is that the spawn rate depends on the nobles per region statistics. Which means that if more realms fall and have fewer regions, the lower the spawn rate will be (if nobles remain the same). So the spawn rates are so high basically because some realms have been too good in holding (re-TOing) their regions.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: August 16, 2016, 10:05:45 PM »
I am a bit surprised by all of this. Mostly because I am not very involved on DWI with my character (that's my own fault).

But I am in Westfold and we're actively fighting Swordfell. To be honest, communication and RP could be much better (and maybe I should start up something..). But we don't really have problems with Undead or Monsters, or at least not that often.

So I'd say if you want to change realms, those two are good options. I am unsure what others are doing.

That's because Westfold is safely in the middle of four semi-stable realms: HD, Morek, Astrum, and Swordfell. Those with borders facing rogue regions are constantly facing a deluge of monsters (Arnor, Swordfell, LN in the east, plus all the realms facing west).

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: August 16, 2016, 11:19:01 PM »
That's because Westfold is safely in the middle of four semi-stable realms: HD, Morek, Astrum, and Swordfell. Those with borders facing rogue regions are constantly facing a deluge of monsters (Arnor, Swordfell, LN in the east, plus all the realms facing west).

You mean that realm that just lost its last city?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: August 16, 2016, 11:25:49 PM »
Semi-stable! I thought Morek was doing pretty well until the Mayhem fiasco.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: August 17, 2016, 12:17:51 AM »
We just managed to kill like 30 odd k CS in Luria. 20k from the South, 10k from the North and then probably a few other random ones. I took on the 10k with my 1.6k (initially) CS SF and killed them by myself in 6 consecutive battles.  8)
Then we just killed the rest with 4-5 nobles. They didn't move all together and split up so it was relatively easy pickings. They also suicided on a townsland for a bit.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: August 17, 2016, 01:03:03 AM »
Then we just killed the rest with 4-5 nobles. They didn't move all together and split up so it was relatively easy pickings. They also suicided on a townsland for a bit.
This is one of the best situations you can hope for, since they'll just run into fortifications with established militia over and over again if they can. The only issue is that in the West we don't have the opportunity to do that with regions like Eidulb and Eidulb Outskirts.

Zakilevo

« Reply #113: August 17, 2016, 02:04:48 AM »
We just managed to kill like 30 odd k CS in Luria. 20k from the South, 10k from the North and then probably a few other random ones. I took on the 10k with my 1.6k (initially) CS SF and killed them by myself in 6 consecutive battles.  8)

My SF :( I need one in Astrum!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: August 17, 2016, 11:53:32 AM »
Oh I should have added: rogues suck. They're an impediment to conflict and a distraction to human interaction. If we'd get rid of them all together, that's be just fine.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: August 17, 2016, 12:16:45 PM »
More like rogue militia is worse than rogue monsters or undead force.

One Morek noble arrived at that Morek former capital and watched his unit being defeated by 4-5K CS rogue militia who were formerly Morek militia. What is going on? >:( >:(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: August 17, 2016, 03:54:39 PM »
Oh I should have added: rogues suck. They're an impediment to conflict and a distraction to human interaction. If we'd get rid of them all together, that's be just fine.
So humans can go back to still not fighting each other? It seems people forget that the reasons the rogues came was because realms would sit in peace for months, boring their players away, because 'they do not have enough nobles to wage war and ITS TOO RISKY'. So rogues push humans closer together so they annoy each other and have conflicts.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: August 17, 2016, 05:16:18 PM »
Yes. Bore them into declaring war.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: August 17, 2016, 06:30:47 PM »
It didn't work before, why would it work now?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: August 17, 2016, 07:02:28 PM »
How about a too much peace mechanic with 10-15k CS of rogues popping up if you're not at war. No morale penalties or anything too extreme... Just send a message: Get your !@#$ together and defeat this. But watch it ruin your regions first. So.. maybe declare war?

It'd be better than a mechanic that requires nobles to stay at home even when at war.

Also, no more cursewords? :P
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:04:12 PM by Lorgan »