Author Topic: Monster Problems  (Read 123324 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Monster Problems
« Reply #195: September 12, 2016, 08:07:20 PM »
Nope, we're still getting hit with 2k CS monster groups, and a lot more of them now. They're also now super aggressive in terms of messing regions up.

Those must be the smart ones Anaris mentioned.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: September 12, 2016, 08:14:23 PM »
No extra aggression has been added, nor has the number or strength of monsters being spawned been increased. The recent change in code was a straight-up nerf to the monsters, with most of the effect being on the ones in the East.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: September 12, 2016, 09:05:40 PM »
So is there any reason that they started to go looting/takeover crazy?

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: September 13, 2016, 08:06:56 PM »
Well the monsters just matador'd us by cycling completely out of a region that they were sitting still in for the last few days. Olé!

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: September 15, 2016, 01:26:45 PM »
Also the roads strike again, travel time jumped from 18 hours to 21 after hitting the march button. This happened for a few people. I was hoping to be able to try a 2 turn march, but it looks like we'll be doing a 3 turn one instead. Once again, it's not really the most entertaining thing to just be marching for an actual day and a half constantly.

Schancke

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: November 10, 2016, 07:46:57 PM »
No extra aggression has been added, nor has the number or strength of monsters being spawned been increased. The recent change in code was a straight-up nerf to the monsters, with most of the effect being on the ones in the East.

It is quite interesting.
At the turning from summer to autumn, we have about 70 k CS of rogues in our lands.
I can't remember this amount seen in summers earlier, and I wonder how it will be come winter.

Although it's hard to compare our slaying rate, It's not like we've been sitting back and letting the monsters take over, and my char fights in at average one battle every second turn, with many characters at the same level.

The monster groups seems less intent to travel eastwards through Eidulb or Yggdramir than before.
All monsters leaving a region does not stop takeovers, as new monsters arrive from other regions at turn change.

Could recent code changes explain my observations?

Zakilevo

« Reply #201: November 10, 2016, 08:24:27 PM »
I am sorry to say your observation is wrong. Eidulb has been getting hit with monsters almost every day. It didn't get attacked like for one day over the past month. The size varies however. Mostly monsters attack in 8~9k CS. When there are more, they do hit the city with 20k CS occasionally.

Schancke

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: November 11, 2016, 09:59:18 AM »
I am sorry to say your observation is wrong. Eidulb has been getting hit with monsters almost every day. It didn't get attacked like for one day over the past month. The size varies however. Mostly monsters attack in 8~9k CS. When there are more, they do hit the city with 20k CS occasionally.

I am relieved, too swamped in domestic monster battles to even notice the ones in Eidbuld. Ignorant of me..
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:20:29 PM by Schancke »

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: November 11, 2016, 10:47:00 AM »
Astrum has zero sympathy from me!

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #204: November 21, 2016, 07:16:23 PM »
There are now 86k CS of Monsters and Undead in Port Raviel.
------
qui audet vincit

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #205: November 21, 2016, 07:32:24 PM »
There are now 86k CS of Monsters and Undead in Port Raviel.

Thats almost a record!
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Records_of_BattleMaster

(not that these records are updated enough, still that is a very large group of rogues in one region.)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: November 21, 2016, 07:38:26 PM »
You should see that CS level decrease over next 1-4 turns.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: November 21, 2016, 07:56:49 PM »
Thats almost a record!
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Records_of_BattleMaster

(not that these records are updated enough, still that is a very large group of rogues in one region.)

The latest invasion of Beluaterra had hordes that were over 100k. It was quite the sight.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: November 21, 2016, 08:51:13 PM »
Huge hordes all over! Excellent. :)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #209: November 22, 2016, 03:13:59 AM »
Huge Hordes...fun times
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor