Author Topic: New character  (Read 7200 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
New character
« Topic Start: April 25, 2016, 03:12:19 PM »
So I was thinking about creating a character on the Colonies island, but I'm not familiar with it. Well I used to have a char there when it first opened, but that's a long time ago.

Is it any fun? What are active realms? Is there much roleplaying or not necessarily?

Opinions are welcome!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
Re: New character
« Reply #1: April 25, 2016, 05:20:44 PM »
All realms are currently involved in one of two wars (with the exception of The Assassins but, by their nature, they are involved in everything...)

I can't speak for other realms, but Outer Tilog has periods of lots of RP and periods of not so much, but there's generally something going on.

Also, we have an Island-wide guild - The Colonial Senate - which I try to encourage everyone to join so that everyone gets the chance to see some of the diplomacy/insults/idiocy of everyone else on the island.

So it depends what you're looking for as to which realm would best suit a new character for you. Pick somewhere, join the guild, and move around a bit if necessary. (I think that's enough trying to sound useful whilst actually not helping much done for now :) )
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 25, 2016, 05:23:44 PM »
I would definitely recommend Outer Tilog. We're among the most active on Colonies, and have a fine cuisine of scribes that you can choose from. You will be paid in all the fur that you could ever wish for, and when you think you have had enough fur, you will be paid in even more fur. You can always visit the exquisite torture farms of Volkanita, the region I am lord of. It is one of the few places where adventurers are free to place portal stones to their liking, as Outer Tilog is a place where one our previous Ministers of Injustice is worshiped by Daimons.

Who am I, you may ask? Well I am Salindar Kuriga, inventor of a rather particular collar. I shall demonstrate its function by putting it around your neck. Now, all I need do is pull this cord, and... woops. I'm starting to think I should demonstrate them on my scribes rather than the customer. *sigh*

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 27, 2016, 02:50:50 PM »
Thank you for the comments so far!

I desperately want an infiltrator, but it's best to start that with an already existing character, I guess. And I'm not moving any other characters right now.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 27, 2016, 06:39:00 PM »
Thank you for the comments so far!

I desperately want an infiltrator, but it's best to start that with an already existing character, I guess. And I'm not moving any other characters right now.

In this case, go with Assassins, they have an Island-wide neutrality agreement to allow them to ply their trade. :3

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 27, 2016, 10:05:18 PM »
In this case, go with Assassins, they have an Island-wide neutrality agreement to allow them to ply their trade. :3

But a new noble, with little h/p or skills, is no good being an infiltrator  :-[

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 27, 2016, 10:20:16 PM »
It is a bit of a Catch 22 about assassins being only place for infils and neutral with no wars. But to become an infil requires h/p most easily gained in battles. So its like...nobles should start outside the Assassins and then join the Assassins after changing class I guess.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 28, 2016, 03:46:29 AM »
assassins is meant to be joined by deported infils with already high skills. gl training an infil on col
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 28, 2016, 07:59:21 AM »
There is but one way to train an infiltrator. Do not join Assassins realm, join other realm and use the gold to train up first. Then join Assassins realm for Colonial Senate protection.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 28, 2016, 09:16:45 AM »
Yes, I'll definately need one of my experienced characters to become an infiltrator, if I want one.

For a new character on Colonies, I'll see which realm to pick. And when. Since I don't have toooo much time to play right now, Colonies sounds perfect. Although it's of course another character to log in to  ;)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 28, 2016, 10:58:35 AM »
OT it has become!

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 28, 2016, 01:37:35 PM »
assassins is meant to be joined by deported infils with already high skills. gl training an infil on col

Training an infil on Colonies is actually doable I can tell you. Staying out of the Senate hands...well we'll see how that one will go.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela