Author Topic: Browser Based Gaming  (Read 44106 times)

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Browser Based Gaming
« Topic Start: June 21, 2011, 01:20:31 AM »
How I love you.  It is so disappointing that this type of gaming isn't more popular, it has so much to offer.  And such a wide diverse amount of games to choose from.  I love all types of gaming, but browser based has been a constant for me for the last 15 years.  You'll notice a trend of ladder games that reset and don't have bonuses for donating, its kind of my weakness.  I'd like to hear about some of your favorites.

Archmage
Popular Recreation: The Reincarnation

Classic.  If you don't know original Archmage you missed out on an amazing game.  15,000 players a reset, 2-3 month games, top ten players get in the hall of fame.  Its basically magic the gathering as a browser game, the 5 colors your a mage researching spells summoning armies attacking players for land and summoning more :)

Archspace
Popular Recreation: Magellan Wars, though that ended recently and Archverse is supposed to be back in creation, again.

Also done by Maritel except this is a space game with a bunch of races where you take planets, build them up, research tech, completely customize tech on your ships, and attack other players for their planets all to build up enough to take out the empire, whoever does so wins.  About 8-10k players a reset.

War of Empires

A very interesting game I came onto last year.  Another ladder based war game with guilds and turns, multiple races, research, guild research, and lots of fighting.

Kings of Chaos

Honestly used to be better, but they started using the same engine as Gate Wars(aka Stargate Wars) and they have this weird click system for a higher population which is very lame.  A couple of races, ladder war system, research, and guilds.

Gate Wars

Interesting game, though I don't like ladder games that don't reset they just don't make sense.  I do like the idea though its a ladder game where the top 0.2% or something of the ladder get ascension points and when they have enough they can reset their account back to the beggining and work their way back up the ladder except with a 5% bonus to all stats which is interesting.  They have a couple of different servers with different reworkings of the game play.

Kingdoms of Carnage

Great little game that unfortunatly never made it big but pretty cool.  Different classes, research, guilds, magic items, ladder system, literally.  A lot of games are ladder matches and in this one there are like seven levels you have to fight through against the monsters and the players and the ranking is based first by level your in and then based on how well you are doing in that level so a ladder within a ladder basically.  But fighting against the monsters to take land and fighting against players with multiple ladders during the time when it was popular so just epic.

1000 AD

Haven't played in forever but remember it being cool.

Mythos
Norron

Similar games by the same group so they get lumped.  Cool games with research, cities, armies, gods, races, and of course fighting.