Author Topic: Browser Based Gaming  (Read 44715 times)

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Browser Based Gaming
« Reply #45: August 03, 2011, 12:03:04 PM »
War of Empires is much like other ladder games, but in my experience of trying a lot of them, it's the best one.  The lack of having to wait for anything to happen (you click to attack, and the attack happens instantly, you click to build, and you build instantly) makes it much more pleasing to play and easier to slot around what else you're doing.  There are a few different ways you can choose to play, the players are a good bunch and new players have a chance to do well.

That said, I really do disagree that you can play by logging in once a day.  Whereas ticks happen every 12hrs in Battlemaster, they are every 10mins in WoE.

- To play individually, and not be very involved in the game, you'd probably need to log in twice a day.
- To play in an empire, which you'd likely want to do, you'd probably need to log in three or four times a day to make sure your account wasn't harmed (ie first thing in the morning, last thing at night, and a couple of times during the day - every day)
- To rank high, you'd need to log in every few hours every day.
- The best and highest-ranking players log in every hour and even pop in to log in in the middle of the night.  There's certainly no need to do that, and you can get full enjoyment from the game, and be part of the winning empire, without doing so.

I'd say to get a reasonable game out of it, you should be able to log in for 30mins in the morning, 30mins before bed, 10mins at lunchtime, 10mins at tea time and preferebly a couple of extra hours here and there during the week.  Most of the top players will be players who can leave it open on their computer while doing other things (eg work!) and just prod it for a few seconds every hour.  It is certainly not as lightweight as Battlemaster which is one of the great things about Battlemaster.  Nor is it as heavyweight as something like Tribal Wars.

If you do want to check it out, Age 25 is drawing to a close over the next week, then there'll be a week or so of downtime before the next age starts, and the Age 26 will begin with everyone starting from scratch again for a level playing field.  Feel free to contact me at 'psymann' on the forum if you want to know more.