Author Topic: Browser Based Gaming  (Read 44674 times)

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
Re: Browser Based Gaming
« Reply #60: January 10, 2013, 04:15:52 PM »
Reanissance Kingdoms was great, but I don't know why, people mixed too much their characters with real life. Real grudges would show up. Also, everything happened in forums, and people would go back months or years to edit an old post and say they did something they didn't...

I was part of the people that created Portugal when it first opened, and my mother was the first Queen. It was great for some time, until all the bickering and politics and real-life hatred began to show up. Not to mention lots of abuse with little to no reply from the dev team.

I'd go back there, if I had the time, but BM is still much better. And playing a family (not just a character that turns out to be really close to yourself), all the difference between IC and OOC, really improves the atmosphere for most people. What I did love about RK which BM still lacks was the tavern :) A chatroom in the region you were in. You could buy people drinks (and get drunk, which messed up your chat lines and was awesomely funny - you would also be unable to do actions for hours or even a couple of days, depending on how many drinks people bought you), you could eat and fool around in a very friendly way.
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.