Author Topic: discrepency in days food will last  (Read 1798 times)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
discrepency in days food will last
« Topic Start: April 27, 2016, 11:09:38 PM »
Small thing, but these should be working from same code & can be disruptive to Lord;

On the blue "Important Information" sidebar I have:

You have 446 bushels of food stored.
This store will last you about 85 more days.

From the food report:
446,   63 days

Whether or not these are only estimates, they should be the same estimate. One is only 75% the length as the other

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: discrepency in days food will last
« Reply #1: April 28, 2016, 12:24:01 AM »
Yes; there's currently no standardized calculation of how long food will last. At this point I think we're up to about four different ones in different places.

My first guess as to the discrepancy between these two is seasonal variation, and my second is troops eating food. But I'd have to look at the code in both places to be sure.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 28, 2016, 04:13:27 AM »
Perhaps also food distribution/rationing?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 28, 2016, 04:18:12 AM »
Perhaps also food distribution/rationing?

Yep, probably that, too.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan