Author Topic: Leveling infiltration  (Read 2715 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Leveling infiltration
« Topic Start: April 28, 2016, 06:37:33 PM »
I have recently changed class to infiltrator. I have already had some success leveling up using the academy. I have alos read somewhere that perfoming small low risk actions ie. counting gold in enemy tax offices can sometimes raise your level, Can someone clarify that this is correct, or am I wasting my time and should only level in the academy?

Thanks
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling infiltration
« Reply #1: April 28, 2016, 06:45:34 PM »
Double-checked the code, and every infiltrator action has at least a small skill gain (sometimes less than 1%, so don't be alarmed when you don't see it go up each time).

However, this is only true when acting against realms you're not allied with, and you gain reduced XP against realms you're at peace or neutral with.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 28, 2016, 07:59:50 PM »
Thankyou for the clarification, appreciated.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 28, 2016, 08:14:16 PM »
there's no such thing as a "low risk" infil action when your skills are low, but you figured that out already
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 28, 2016, 08:24:48 PM »
I have counted tax at least 10 times before getting caught, a 1 in 10 chance isn't that bad imo

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 30, 2016, 02:19:16 AM »
As a player who played nothing but infiltrator for a while, I will pass my technique to you. ^^

You should train in the academy (mainly Sword fighting) until it's at least 50-55. This can be conquered really easily as the Academy actually follows a pattern that has already been discovered (guaranteeing a very good chance to lvl up by 1 per train session) experiment with the training levels and times and you will find it eventually, (I spent a lot of time messing with it in Atamara's ancient stalemate), obviously using expert with 10% skill is not advised. It is like a stair case, with each increase, your hours increase ablnd eventually so does the skill level to cut down the time needed. Most people just pour all their hours into expert, but that is truly a waste of money and time in my opinion, I spend less gold in a week and gain at least 2% higher each turn (that is assuming I have no more time for more training per turn).

Now. With your new skill, continue to train regularly until you find yourself at war. Murdering militia is a infiltrator's best friend. It increases your infil skill and your swordskill at the same time. Follow this and you will find your skill to be good ^^ I personally played extremely cautiously because the more bans you have, the more chances you have to be killed.  I raised my skills to the high 80's and still found it difficult to do things.

As previously stated THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS LOW RISK. As an infiltrator, you will be crossing your fingers A LOT. I do not know how long I spent staring at that button gaining the courage to actually do it. If you fail, normally you find yourself in even more trouble than before. Most times, you're rewarded with a ban. After that, the risk is at its peak because now you can and will die if you fail in that realm again. Death means all that hard work is now GONE.

Infiltrator is a powerful class that can move past armies and give vital scout reports without being caught for as long as luck allows. However, they are also the very few gateways for death to occur to your character.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:48:37 AM by victor c »
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: May 01, 2016, 05:14:55 AM »
Low risk options are quite useful actually. Try using it on taking militias out. Sure you only take out 15 or so a turn but if you sit in the region for a few days, you will empty the region of militias. Even better on BT where you can summon monsters and undead.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 01, 2016, 05:53:50 AM »
Low risk options are quite useful actually. Try using it on taking militias out. Sure you only take out 15 or so a turn but if you sit in the region for a few days, you will empty the region of militias. Even better on BT where you can summon monsters and undead.
Except Domina's blessing that has prevented rogue spawning on BT while the portals are open.