Author Topic: Atamara's Fate  (Read 62275 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Atamara's Fate
« Topic Start: April 29, 2016, 10:47:21 AM »
Yeah, some people said Atamara was a !@#$hole.

You know what?

Some people were wrong.

I first started playing on Atamara.  And Atamara is one the place I always kept one or two characters because for me it was the funnest of the islands.

Did it slow down a bit?  Yes.  One alliance did the one thing that BattleMaster is designed to not allow.  They won.  Seriously, the way the game pushes things to degrade in time and everything about it is designed to break up large realms and alliances.  But through ingenuity and determination and a lot of smarts the alliance BEAT EVERYBODY ELSE.  They literally beat the system.  That is what some people didn't like about the continent.  There were clear winners and losers in a game that is supposed to stop that from happening.

In the case of Atamara it took the players to self-police and break the alliance up.  Which we did.  Atamara was crashing and burning into a continent-wide civil war when the Devs nuked everything.  Years of gaming and scheming on the best map the game has just deleted and taken away from the players.

My hope is that sometime we can get that map back, either through restoring Beluaterra back to the Pre-Blight status, or by resurrecting Atamara entirely.