Author Topic: Atamara's Fate  (Read 62332 times)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Atamara's Fate
« Reply #30: May 07, 2016, 09:07:21 AM »
The rest of us worked to make it better.

An interesting point is that the rulers and such of almost every nation were actually in the League of the Eagle.  Not as full members of course, but they had signed up at guild houses and could get messages sent to everyone rather than just full members.  And when we began discussing the end of the League of the Eagle and how we would do it, the messages were sent to everyone.  There were some 40 people on that list as I remember, from almost every nation on the continent.

I'm sorry, you're willfully warping things to suit your own argument.

I was an Elder when I was Ruler of CE. Everything of consequence went through a dozen or so Elders, and no one else.

But the *real* damage was done because these Elders were never removed. So when a realm elected "new faces", the Old Guard was still sitting in there with as much influence was ever. Since they were the majority, and the ruling oligarchy, little could change.

Even as ruler of CE I couldn't do anything because all my Dukes sat in the Guild and negotiated against my will. There was little or nothing I could do to defend the will of my Realm - which was quite vocally the opposite of what the Dukes wanted.

And since there was little or nothing I could do to kick out the Dukes, CE's common nobles were essentially !@#$ed to put up with your !@#$.

Until the island sank, thanks to all your cleverness.