Author Topic: Atamara's Fate  (Read 62757 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Atamara's Fate
« Reply #60: May 09, 2016, 09:38:24 PM »
I agree that the Ice really did nothing more than break what was the last major nation that stood against Cagil.  I remember thinking that when it happened but I didn't have the power to do anything about it.  Even with all the bonuses the Devs gave Darka, it was never going to be enough to stand up against the Cagilan-Taran alliance.  What I wouldn't have given to have Darka still around when I became Tyrant...but the Devs destroyed them long before my time...:(

As for my activity in the time I was Tyrant...I logged in all the time and I worked all the time.  I didn't talk with Miskel very much because Miskel wasn't one of the smart ones.  He got all up in people's faces and angry and got himself kicked out when the people he was insulting got tired of him.  I talked with people who acted smarter and worked behind the scenes to help change other peoples' minds.

Miskel's approach would have resulted in one nation telling everybody else to frak off and then getting gangbanged by everybody else on the continent.  Believe me.  I thought that one out a long time ago back when he was doing his thing.  Miskel was not a reliable man to work with.  Too chaotic.  Too shouty.  He was simply not a reasonable ally, and from his own admission he did not have control of Cagil.  I could not trust anything he said to be binding.

My (very OOC) goal was not to start a single war and have a single nation wiped out.  That is one reason Tara never wiped out a nation under my command.  We hounded.  We raided.  We looted.  We did not try to eliminate a single nation.  Basically we sowed chaos and pissed people off.  And one by one we caused the alliances that united the entire continent to the Cagil-Tara alliance to fail.

My goal was not to start a short war that would kill a nation and otherwise leave the continent unchanged except for a minor border change and another probable expansion of the federation.  One by one, the actions I and others took shattered the single overriding set of alliances built over a decade that made it impossible to fight a good war.  And THEN we broke the federation that enforced those alliances after talking those old Elders in the League of the Eagle into agreeing it had to be done.

Atamara was sunk before we could find out how the fallout would land, but we completely and utterly shattered the power structure of Atamara and brought in a new age of war.