Author Topic: Atamara's Fate  (Read 62750 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Atamara's Fate
« Reply #60: May 11, 2016, 02:30:04 AM »
Oh, I agree.

The Cagilan-Taran alliance never should have "won" Atamara.

Or if it had, somebody should have done something to break that alliance.  With 20-20 hindsight I can say that it would have been best to have a "Word of Tom" after the last great war when it became clear that nobody could stand against them.  This issue with that, and probably one of the reasons it never happened, was the way the Cagilan-Taran alliance was formed.  It was an alliance of brothers forged in battle.  Or at least that is how the Tarans saw it.  There is nothing that could cause the Tarans to turn on their brothers.

Anyways, hindsight says that SOMETHING should have been done many years ago to force the alliance to break up for the good of the game.  There should have been an official finding by the devs or Tom that the continent had been "won."  Announcement to the continent.  Then have some roleplaying event that breaks all alliances and returns all diplomatic settings to neutral.  Or maybe have something that caused every city to leave their nation.  Or just inform the League of the Eagle that they had to find a way to break up the alliance or else.  Make it all an official part of the "congratulations you won" announcement and finding.

Nothing like that happened.  Obviously.  And that obviously hurt the game on Atamara.

What I'm saying, from my experience, is that the players did break it up without the devs doing anything like that.  I helped do that after becoming Tyrant so I remember it very well.  We did what needed to be done.  We broke the Cagilan-Taran alliance and started the largest war on Atamara since the last great war.  I choose to celebrate the work we did to make that happen, and lament that we did not get to find out what was going to happen because the devs sunk the island.

Some people say we never did that and that we deserved to be sunk.  I say they are wrong.