Author Topic: Atamara's Fate  (Read 62816 times)

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Atamara's Fate
« Reply #75: May 12, 2016, 05:08:01 AM »
This game has great lessons hidden in it. Unlike other online games where we try to wipe out the enemies, win the server and sometimes get dragged in forum wars, the game Battlemaster teaches us how to "play". This game makes us realize that behind every character, there is a human sitting on a computer and he has same feelings as us. We all are complete strangers, who would have never met under normal circumstance, but are bound together by this game. There are no "enemies", there are "opponents".

In this game, we are not only expected to rise to power, we are also expected to relinquish everything we have won for betterment of the society. To make the game "fun" is a collective responsibility. There are several other good things to be learned from this game. Playing this game in the way recommended by Tom would impart good qualities in our real life too.

CE Alliance was the best team (I was fortunate to be a part of it. I love the teamwork). We rose to ultimate power, but we failed to relinquish it in a timely manner for betterment of society. Lesson has been learnt. Atamara is dead. Lets move on.

This made me smile, really and truly, I remember when we actually played like this and that time was the best and most fun i've ever had throughout my time playing any online game.

Thank you Elegant for reminding me.

As for Atamara, i've played on both sides of the coin and had to experience Coria or should I say Narnia. Those who said CE won, well I could say that might of been possible after Fasland was defeated and the south got beat during that Redspan incident with Darka. Yet, toward the end CE was unraveling and Tara was just being stubborn. The brotherhood that existed was at its breaking point.

The thing I miss most about that island is the friendships I made in Darka and CE. They crossed over the years and many of those people are the reason I continued to login because they made the game that much more interesting Umbar, Indirik, Lavigna (Lavagina), Conquard, Munnegan, Valgin, Gorath, Paxwax, Salvador, Fury, Merlin, Juane, Randall, and Ghostdragon, just to name a few. Few of these people reached even outside of the game and summoned me back to play.

I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)