Author Topic: Atamara's Fate  (Read 61678 times)

Elegant

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Atamara's Fate
« Reply #15: May 02, 2016, 04:59:38 AM »
allies should NEVER be a permanent status between two realms.

I missed nothing. Where is that written in game rules or any authorized game link?

Edit: just joking :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:11:47 AM by Elegant »

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 02, 2016, 03:13:33 PM »
As "leader" of the last real enemy of CE, that ice thing made Darka collapse. We had gold, we had nobles, we had best RC's on the game, we had guts to beat down CE. But then half of our land was taken away...

CE played real well their diplomacy when great war started, and south played real dumb and selfis. We had all the power needed to put CE & Tara on their knees. But even after south collapsed, Darka alone could have kept CE bouncing forever as long as Talerium would have stayed out from conflict.

Final decision to sink atamara i understand, but i think dev's didnt understand how it had just gotten lively again. Tara and CE were at war, Darka were decided to re-created the very same turn than announcement of sinking came. Darkan oldies still had 100k+ gold stockpiled. I was real excited how things were starting to roll again... then you sunk my world :P

~Violence is always an option!~

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 02, 2016, 06:00:40 PM »
As "leader" of the last real enemy of CE, that ice thing made Darka collapse. We had gold, we had nobles, we had best RC's on the game, we had guts to beat down CE. But then half of our land was taken away...

CE played real well their diplomacy when great war started, and south played real dumb and selfis. We had all the power needed to put CE & Tara on their knees. But even after south collapsed, Darka alone could have kept CE bouncing forever as long as Talerium would have stayed out from conflict.

Final decision to sink atamara i understand, but i think dev's didnt understand how it had just gotten lively again. Tara and CE were at war, Darka were decided to re-created the very same turn than announcement of sinking came. Darkan oldies still had 100k+ gold stockpiled. I was real excited how things were starting to roll again... then you sunk my world :P

Devs perfectly understood that Atamara was getting lively again, but I highly doubt it would have lasted, and they know that as well. The Ruler of CE refused to let our armies fight Tara. He wanted to create the Federation again. It was both an instance of too little, too late, and the fact that stuff like this had happened before, but failed to unjam the blockage that was diplomacy, leading to more boringness.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 02, 2016, 06:01:12 PM »

Yeah at Caergoth we tried what we could, but without Tara nothing was possible...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 02, 2016, 07:48:46 PM »
Talerium was discussing about opening CE front too.

-Jaune

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 02, 2016, 07:56:25 PM »

-Jaune

Suville and Caergoth had actually agreed to move against Strombran and were doing so at the end (which by extension meant CE as we all know). I know Talerium was also in favor, too bad all that happened was too late though.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 03, 2016, 07:56:17 AM »

-Jaune

No it wasn't. And later when I was ruler  of CE I did everything I possibly could build up that rift - that a lot of the "common" chars in CE wanted - but it was constantly shut down by the Old Guard.

Nothing would have ever happened there, even with Miskel pushing against the Taleriums every day. Every time he caused some friction a bunch of Old Guards would jump in the Guild where all the *real* island decisions were made and say, "Oh, no! Don't mind him - you know we are the best buddies ever and we love you and love you and just want to smooch and hug forever!" and they'd kill every attempt.

Or did you mean while the war was still raging? I was in Talerium, and there were no discussions of anything, even though at THAT time *I* was the one always pointing out how CE was violating the border agreement, and we should go to war. Always shut down with, "The Border Agreement is how we've been able to safely sit here bored out of our skulls for the last 10 years - it is Inviolate!"

No , jaune - there was NEVER any serious discussions about Talerium joining that war. Someone may have fed you a line of bull!@#$ to get your hopes up, but nothing was going to happen.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 03, 2016, 07:59:56 AM »
It was discussed again when Tara and CE started war. CE's arrogance towards Talerium were not forgotten.

Darka's creation propably would have made it flame in war. It was not agreed or anything, but possibility for that were kept open. Talerium had much more warm relations with Tara than CE.

-Jaune

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: May 04, 2016, 02:46:39 AM »
Blame game update...

AT is sunk and we no longer have two character in continents... we lost more than we gained.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: May 04, 2016, 03:59:03 AM »
AT is sunk and we no longer have two character in continents... we lost more than we gained.

I feel like it was worth it. With lower. Populations, there were and still are silent realms. However, with the active players now spread out throughout the continents instead of focused on certain areas, the game can grow more interesting.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: May 05, 2016, 04:05:50 AM »
I feel like it was worth it. With lower. Populations, there were and still are silent realms. However, with the active players now spread out throughout the continents instead of focused on certain areas, the game can grow more interesting.

That is a good observation, the issue with it is majority of the active players who played on the islands close were already on the other continents and the ones who were not either left the game or likely feel forced to jump to the islands because they no longer have a choice.

The idea is sound, but the result was not. Honestly silent realms are still silent. Tara was silent when I left it, CE was loud then silent then loud. If you look at the actually active chars it is still declining and will do so still. I've talked to a few others and they felt a bit punished at the fact they lost the 2 char on contient beside for DWI. I personally dislike colonies and DWI, but where else can I play my character and interact with those I enjoyed playing?
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: May 05, 2016, 04:34:11 AM »
That is a good observation, the issue with it is majority of the active players who played on the islands close were already on the other continents and the ones who were not either left the game or likely feel forced to jump to the islands because they no longer have a choice.

The idea is sound, but the result was not. Honestly silent realms are still silent. Tara was silent when I left it, CE was loud then silent then loud. If you look at the actually active chars it is still declining and will do so still. I've talked to a few others and they felt a bit punished at the fact they lost the 2 char on contient beside for DWI. I personally dislike colonies and DWI, but where else can I play my character and interact with those I enjoyed playing?

You mean you've talked to others in your personal little circlejerk group that all have pessimistic views on current things, and judge things based anecdotal evidence rather than first-hand experience. Besides that, you still have Beluaterra and East Island to play on even if you cut out colonies and DWI.

By the way, I originally hated colonies, but grew to love it. You have to give something a chance in order to find if you like it. You're just acting like the stereotypical older generation who decries every new thing that comes along the way.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: May 05, 2016, 09:21:55 AM »
I was a common noble when CE, Tara, and Talerium "won" the last of the major wars.  I had a lot of fun going out and marching and killing bad guys.  ;)

Fast forward some time and when the Tyrant disappeared, I became the new Tyrant of Tara.  I took one look at the diplomatic situation on the island from the eyes of a ruler who is supposed to give his players a fun time and realized that it wasn't setup that way.  And so I spent the entire year of my Tyrancy first stabilizing Tara and making it an effective realm again, and then began working to break up the CE/Taran alliance.

As a player, I wanted it dead.  Gone.  Buried.  But at the same time I (and especially my character Regstav) were loyal to CE.  Regstav fought when Tara had three regions and it was CE that saved our butts time and again.  So there was no way that Regstav would just drop them.  He owed them way too much for that.

But others agreed that the CE/Taran alliance needed to be broken for the good of the game, including the previously-mentioned "Old Guard" in the League of the Eagle.  We came up with some very interesting ideas that would have broken the League up rather well.  Never agreed on any of them, but we were talking in the right direction.  Heck, I was pushing HARD for an idea that would have broken Tara into three different realms with two cities each.  Point is, we all agreed that things had to change.

Then the Strombanians lit another fuse by doing what they did best.  Insulting people and then saying "come at me bro if you dare face CE."

At which time I responded with a "don't mind if I do" and dropped Tara out of the Federation.  And considering all the work I'd done over the last year to improve relations between Tara and the non-CE realms, I'm pretty confident Tara would have survived.  Oh, there was always a chance one of my new allies and friends would have stabbed Tara in the back.  It had happened before.  It could happen again.

I judged it worth the gamble though.  Even if Tara died, I considered it worth getting the game going and exciting again.  Now what I WANTED was to break CE and Strombran, see a return of Carelia in the Strombanian regions, and break up Cagil into some bite sized chunks.  Then break up Tara.  I was about "this" close to just handing Shanandoah over to Minas Leon.  I had plans to get one or two of the Taran dukes to secede and start their own realms.  Or maybe I would have stepped down as Tyrant and done my own secession.  ;)

Either way, I had lots of plans to break the power of Strombran, CE, and Tara and they were going along very nicely and turning the whole island on its head.  And I never could have done any of it without the help of the other rulers and high muckitimucks in the League of the Eagle.  I don't think I've ever seen a group of players agree to destroy everything they've worked to build all because they knew it was best for EVERYBODY who played the game.  Not that well at least.  They pulled the trigger and it was game on.  Made me proud to be one of their number.

It was a good game and it was a good time.

I'm sorry that outside people decided to end it before we found out how it was going to play out.

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: May 05, 2016, 10:10:08 AM »
that may all have been true, but if the history of the island is anything to go by, it would have taken you real life years to *maybe* have it take affect. Atamaran leadership was bitched at for many years and refused to change anything substantial about how they played.

As has been said many times - it was too slow, too late. All you ever had was an idea & some "conversations". No one wanted to give you another chance by the time it got to that point.

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: May 05, 2016, 05:56:58 PM »

Either way, I had lots of plans to break the power of Strombran, CE, and Tara and they were going along very nicely and turning the whole island on its head.  And I never could have done any of it without the help of the other rulers and high muckitimucks in the League of the Eagle.  I don't think I've ever seen a group of players agree to destroy everything they've worked to build all because they knew it was best for EVERYBODY who played the game.  Not that well at least.  They pulled the trigger and it was game on.  Made me proud to be one of their number.

It was a good game and it was a good time.

I'm sorry that outside people decided to end it before we found out how it was going to play out.

Sorry, I truncated a lot of that quotation to get to the point: None of that was visible to the ordinary noble. It's great some people had a game going on, but it wasn't one anyone else got to play for far too long.