Author Topic: Atamara's Fate  (Read 62311 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Atamara's Fate
« Reply #105: May 17, 2016, 08:24:45 PM »
East Continent discussion split to East Continent Concerns About Xavax and Perdan

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: May 18, 2016, 04:37:36 AM »
Question.

Do we need more game mechanic or limitation? We do not want everyone allies or peace with each other. I do not think we like to have TMP(Too Much Peace doh!  8) ) back either.

Perhaps instead of developers rolling out a statement saying "you must do this and do that" every time, why not we put forward this limitation in game?

You can only have 2-3 allies Diplomacy, depending on how many realms on that one island.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: May 18, 2016, 10:42:18 PM »
Question.

Do we need more game mechanic or limitation? We do not want everyone allies or peace with each other. I do not think we like to have TMP(Too Much Peace doh!  8) ) back either.

Perhaps instead of developers rolling out a statement saying "you must do this and do that" every time, why not we put forward this limitation in game?

You can only have 2-3 allies Diplomacy, depending on how many realms on that one island.

I am unsure if limitations will help much. In Atamara,it only took 3 allies to halt everything, really and truthfully just 2.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: May 18, 2016, 10:50:28 PM »
I am unsure if limitations will help much. In Atamara,it only took 3 allies to halt everything, really and truthfully just 2.

That's not really true. I'm guessing you're looking at CE and Tara, but you'll have to put Strombran here too. Cause Strombran was long allied with Suville as well and CE with Talerium. Had those two or 3 realms not be included in this alliance, the island would have looked very different. But I do agree that the matter is very difficult to arrange.

My biggest concern with alliances is that they are treated more like federations than alliances. Very few people have temporary alliances which they break after a while etc. But that's more a mindset than a mechanic and difficult to change I think.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Victor C

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: May 18, 2016, 11:11:48 PM »
That's not really true. I'm guessing you're looking at CE and Tara, but you'll have to put Strombran here too. Cause Strombran was long allied with Suville as well and CE with Talerium. Had those two or 3 realms not be included in this alliance, the island would have looked very different. But I do agree that the matter is very difficult to arrange.

My biggest concern with alliances is that they are treated more like federations than alliances. Very few people have temporary alliances which they break after a while etc. But that's more a mindset than a mechanic and difficult to change I think.

I'm sorry. I was thinking  by 2 or 3 allies that Ketchum meant independently rather than whole. As Tara did not like Surville I believe (I was in Strombran in and out).

Also, I am sure if we could somehow find mutual agreements on all the continents for certain rules, we'll have a much better experience. However that as well is very hard to arrange. Perhaps there is another suggestion on how we can prevent Atamara 2.0?  (Sorry Ketchum, don't mean to hang up on your idea. It is a valid one indeed.)
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: May 19, 2016, 04:23:10 AM »
I'm sorry. I was thinking  by 2 or 3 allies that Ketchum meant independently rather than whole. As Tara did not like Surville I believe (I was in Strombran in and out).

Also, I am sure if we could somehow find mutual agreements on all the continents for certain rules, we'll have a much better experience. However that as well is very hard to arrange. Perhaps there is another suggestion on how we can prevent Atamara 2.0?  (Sorry Ketchum, don't mean to hang up on your idea. It is a valid one indeed.)
No worry, I am sure we all here are thinking of prevention of Atamara 2.0. How about if we modify it slightly?

Alliance status with duration of how many days. Those who not bother renew or forget to renew, the alliance status expire and the diplomacy change to peace/neutral.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Victor C

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: May 19, 2016, 04:35:44 AM »
No worry, I am sure we all here are thinking of prevention of Atamara 2.0. How about if we modify it slightly?

Alliance status with duration of how many days. Those who not bother renew or forget to renew, the alliance status expire and the diplomacy change to peace/neutral.

I like this idea. +1.

Alliances are supposed to be temporary to begin with, might as well add a duration? This will prevent long term peace as alliances and treaties expire. It will also give a valid reason for people to turn on each other ^^

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: May 19, 2016, 04:51:51 AM »
We've tried something like that.

It doesn't take much effort to renew an alliance. These aren't inactive players, they are self-centered players.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: May 19, 2016, 07:48:22 AM »
We've tried something like that.

It doesn't take much effort to renew an alliance. These aren't inactive players, they are self-centered players.
You could be right.. How about adding a slight modification again? This cooling off period will put many former allies at war with each other and make the wars interesting again as well.

You cannot ally with this realm because you are ally recently.

This is going to cause paranoia because realm A previous ally with realm B. But now after the duration expire, realm A cannot ally with realm B, realm A can only ally with other realm it not allied with before. So in case of war, realm B at least got an insight into realm A due to they both are ally before.

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: May 19, 2016, 10:13:25 AM »
You didn't actually play on Atamara, did you?

They'll  just sit there and wait it out. The issue wasn't game mechanics.

Victor C

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: May 19, 2016, 01:43:05 PM »
You didn't actually play on Atamara, did you?

They'll  just sit there and wait it out. The issue wasn't game mechanics.

We're just trying to find a solution, perhaps you have a WAY better solution?

Perhaps we can get each continent to agree to a mutual rule/standard like on the colonies? (Though I admit that this idea will be difficult to accomplish ...)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: May 19, 2016, 03:16:39 PM »
You could be right.. How about adding a slight modification again? This cooling off period will put many former allies at war with each other and make the wars interesting again as well.

You cannot ally with this realm because you are ally recently.

This is going to cause paranoia because realm A previous ally with realm B. But now after the duration expire, realm A cannot ally with realm B, realm A can only ally with other realm it not allied with before. So in case of war, realm B at least got an insight into realm A due to they both are ally before.

Although I like the idea of limiting alliances, I'm not so much a fan of forcing war between them automatically.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: May 19, 2016, 08:19:13 PM »
Perhaps we can get each continent to agree to a mutual rule/standard like on the colonies? (Though I admit that this idea will be difficult to accomplish ...)
Religion. Make religion meaningful IC where destroying the enemy with overwhelming force is embarrassing not glorious. Where government members who don't engage their realm are actively overthrown as morally bankrupt.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: May 19, 2016, 08:27:46 PM »
Religion. Make religion meaningful IC where destroying the enemy with overwhelming force is embarrassing not glorious. Where government members who don't engage their realm are actively overthrown as morally bankrupt.

Good luck finding someone to lead that. Doubt many people will leave their current religion and those who don't have a religion often simply don't care. But something like the high sparrow in GoT combined with a bit of more bloodlust would be pretty fun.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: May 19, 2016, 09:24:18 PM »
That's why I said Religion, not named any specific religions. It's more about the ideas than the specific religion/church/theology/pantheon/cosmology. Don't want to leave your current one? Then make what you do have meaningful and push for your elders and priests to be full of conviction in uplifting those who do well and shaming those who do not.

Those who don't care to join a religion because they think in modern religious perspectives are a lost cause anyway, probably.

Must everything be paralleled in GoT? I had not drawn the connection previously and now...gah, I hate that is is an example and yet not what I had pictured at all, as fun as it would be. There are different degrees of religious methods and enforcement. ;) And religions can be large enough to host a spectrum of personalities.