Author Topic: "Repair - Recent fighting prevents work on the outer fortifications."  (Read 3204 times)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
several (4-5) turns now - we have a couple of tiny monster groups. they can't be hunted, they never even get close to the walls before scattering, but every time I try to repair the walls I get the message above.

that affect needs tweaked a bit, IMO.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
The "can't be hunted" part sounds buggy.

Does the option just not show up?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
the option is there, but I can't recall anyone in the last 6 months being able to - we've had in -game discussions where we just assumed it was a "feature" of the monsters

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
monsters tend to rally quickly, are you sure they are not just immediately rallying?
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
monsters tend to rally quickly, are you sure they are not just immediately rallying?

I AM sure they are immediately rallying - which means you can never hunt them.

Since I don't know the intended behavior, I can't point directly at the bug. But a handful of monsters who never reach the walls and get shot up in the second round shouldn't be blocking fortress repairs for over three days.

Let us finish them off and move on.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Aha, that's got to be it.

I will look into fixing that, so you can hunt monsters again.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Excellent. Been craving monster steaks with my fries.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I would also expect the return of the Zuma to help a lot with the monster issue maybe?