Author Topic: Geography Change?  (Read 6297 times)

Telamon

• Knight
    • View Profile
Geography Change?
« Topic Start: May 03, 2016, 10:38:20 PM »
Beluaterra's southern peninsula has become very, very isolated since the catastrophe years ago.

I know this is an old issue, but I believe the map would benefit from a more interconnected landscape (one that allows realms like Riombara and its neighbors to interface with the north again).

Would it every be possible to invoke another change at some point?

Thank you,
Lewis Therin (Phantaria) – Lanfear (Fronen) – Ishmael (Adventurer/Phantaria)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Geography Change?
« Reply #1: May 03, 2016, 10:43:06 PM »
This is planned, but not trivial to implement, and definitely requires some kind of RP buildup.

We also need to work out just what the change would be.

Finally, it would be significantly easier to implement if we had a re-creation of the original BT/AT map made in the Age of Wonders editor...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Telamon

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 04, 2016, 01:50:18 AM »
Thank you for letting me know!

That's great to hear =)

Thank you for all your hard work. It's very appreciated.
Lewis Therin (Phantaria) – Lanfear (Fronen) – Ishmael (Adventurer/Phantaria)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 04, 2016, 11:12:16 PM »

We also need to work out just what the change would be.

We could basically fold the souther tail east so that ketampin to melegra is atched to the eastern half of the map, from Tindle to Mhed.
This sounds easier then it is obviously.
Some regions would have to be changed abit to make it all fit.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 05, 2016, 06:51:41 AM »
Been off Atamara too long to remember what it looked like - modified:

Can you simply replace the map with the Atamara one, or are the names & such "embedded"?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 06:59:23 AM by Noone you know »

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 05, 2016, 10:05:36 AM »
I have always assumed that part of the Netherworld's massive effort to capture large swaths of territory is a prelude to another Blight to change the shape of Beluaterra again.

My assumption has been that everything south of Creasur would probably be wiped out, along with some of the northern areas.

And the way things are looking now, Creasur and its environs will also probably be gone.

Rather sad from my POV since Creasure/Foda has been my primary home as long as I've been playing BattleMaster...

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 05, 2016, 03:32:44 PM »
I have always assumed that part of the Netherworld's massive effort to capture large swaths of territory is a prelude to another Blight to change the shape of Beluaterra again.

My assumption has been that everything south of Creasur would probably be wiped out, along with some of the northern areas.

And the way things are looking now, Creasur and its environs will also probably be gone.

Rather sad from my POV since Creasure/Foda has been my primary home as long as I've been playing BattleMaster...

I wouldn't think so. There has actually been a suggestion from among the players that if the Daimons win, all the player realms should worship a different Daimon and fight amongst each other based on that.

I would also point out that since Beluaterra has remained one of the more active continents, with a relatively large population player-wise, I doubt that they would reduce it further.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 05, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »
Sorry dude.

But the suggestions of Daimon-loving Spearhold will not be followed.

If the devs want to force us to worship Daimons if we are to play on Beluaterra they will lose their player base REAL FRAKING FAST...

Skirting boards

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 05, 2016, 11:09:19 PM »
I know Scurtingborde would rather die than worship Daimons.

What about a new faction seperate from Daimons, monsters, and undead? A war between daimons and this new faction caused the daimons to flee thier home and try to make a new one in Beluaterra. This has already kinda been RPed with Dusty's Aletha character. As we know that there are very powerful beings on the otherside of the portal, and merely traveling there as a mortal grants you huge power.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 05, 2016, 11:40:15 PM »
As we know that there are very powerful beings on the otherside of the portal, and merely traveling there as a mortal grants you huge power.

Almost.

Surviving there grants you power.

It's not easy to do.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Skirting boards

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: May 07, 2016, 09:10:53 AM »
Almost.

Surviving there grants you power.

It's not easy to do.

The success rates been like what?  100%? hahahah

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 06, 2016, 10:20:59 PM »
Would be nice, I'm now kind of stuck in Riombara after getting captured by the Netherworld. Good thing I didn't actually care where I ended up after the Vales fell!
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 17, 2016, 08:56:32 PM »
imo everything east of Ete city/drinilla/wheling should be sunk.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 18, 2016, 03:38:51 PM »
Everything south of Creasur should be sunk. Peninsulas are awkward, especially ones that can reasonably be locked down because of a fortified place (Creasur).

Konrad

• BM Dev Team
  • Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 18, 2016, 06:14:14 PM »
The entire Riombara peninsula and islands area is pretty superfluous to the continent at large, especially after the terribly thought-out sinking of the island bridge connecting with the north past Melegra.