Author Topic: Opt-In Advertisement  (Read 22071 times)

Luegg

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Opt-In Advertisement
« Reply #15: March 02, 2011, 03:37:55 AM »
It only generates revenue on clicks. Many, many years ago money was paid for views, but I don't think anyone does that anymore.

Actually some do, its usually flashy and often intrusive and its for the sake of branding. I have also seen studies that they actually work (increase in sales)

But back to the topic. I actually like the idea of opt-in. It basically means no less immersion for me (because i am not turning them on) and gives opportunity to those that do not mind. My pickle is,  that advertisment is without any value by itself and therefore its spirit goes against the spirit of chivalry and nobility. Now there is an idea, force the adds to advys and make it impossible for nobles to have them  : p

Lets take an extreme example. Basically if you have ever played any online games that give you opportunity to earn extra "special points" for clicking various links with time limit on when you can click them again, well its not very far from that to the users sitting infront of the computer and waiting for the half hour to pass just so they can get a bit of special points. Basically I do not care much to playing games with such people. I am not judging, I was like that also. Probably still am, just not doing it anymore.

I am not sure if I am explaining myself and this is continuous problem for me when I am trying to describe why I find something to be of true value. The best I can say for such thing, object, person (or game in this case) is that it has true spirit. In that perspective adding adds will make this a bit lesser game.

I am also not some religious fanatic, after all I have been creating banners (and worse) for couple of years professionally.