Author Topic: Opt-In Advertisement  (Read 21797 times)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Opt-In Advertisement
« Reply #15: March 03, 2011, 02:34:19 AM »
I like the idea of having another way to support BM.
Maybe the Amazon link (or other company link), that gives a small but usefull % of what people spend on it, is a better idea.
I prefer to donate directly, and I share the same feeling against advertising but, if someone really want to help, and if this can help, those people will have a option instead of nothing.
Last time I've read about advertising the result was like near 1% for a mass campaign. But Facebook show us every day that this is something that must have changed.

Life show us that people usually expect something in return of donations. I like to believe BM community is made of a special kind of people that dont follow the "commoners" (the usual) :p

I wish I had a brilliant idea for this issue. I don't.
I just admire you Tom, and what you did to have this special group at your side and will do whatever I can to help.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."