Author Topic: Gameplay Feedback / Questions  (Read 32789 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Gameplay Feedback / Questions
« Reply #15: June 03, 2016, 01:03:40 AM »
Could be. My version is quite a bit ahead of the last build, but I can't release it because some important functions are not working in this one (I changed them).

kenwood68

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 08, 2016, 02:36:26 AM »
these first games are a learning time for us...at least me. trying different things on different villages and have learned to start defending(fences) first...been a bit of a ground hog in others, taking plots...won't do that near as much in the future cause the freaks come out at night, so to speak...lol

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #17: June 08, 2016, 08:39:47 AM »
Yes. I am adapting gameplay to what I see happening in the games, and there will be quite a few changes in the beta. Some of them are already being put in the alpha as well.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 10, 2016, 02:54:14 PM »
I'm wondering if maybe there needs to be a greater difference between some of the damages done (or benefits of stone over wood).

Stone only taking one less damage from everything, whilst it is quite hard to get any of it built, got me wondering a little.

Also, not being able to upgrade fences (due to them being damaged straight after being erected so you can only repair them (if they survived)) is a bit frustrating. Although I know the point is everyone is supposed to die.

Would you maybe be able to have semi-customisable games? Where certain options/values could be selected to be in effect for that game? (might be useful as well for the beta to see which options worked out best/most fun for all)
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #19: June 11, 2016, 12:23:24 AM »
One less damage is a lot, and the fact that stone is invulnerable to wolves made me go for stone walls in all games.

But yes, the whole balancing thing will be part of the beta. But it needs some full games to really figure out what works how.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 28, 2016, 06:24:32 PM »
If my hut is in the corner of a plot, how do i build walls on those two edges/corner plots?

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 28, 2016, 06:42:37 PM »
If my hut is in the corner of a plot, how do i build walls on those two edges/corner plots?

Project a straight line from them until you find an empty plot on common land and build them there... Doesn't look as nice but does the same job.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 28, 2016, 08:18:42 PM »
Project a straight line from them until you find an empty plot on common land and build them there... Doesn't look as nice but does the same job.

...meh

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 28, 2016, 08:24:31 PM »
...meh

Or take the plots you need from your neighbour (though this will take a couple of days to achieve...)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 28, 2016, 10:28:23 PM »
I'll likely just build further out, as per the first suggestion. It's not ideal from a game structure viewpoint though imho.

Tom: Any thoughts on an overlay to be implemented? With options to see gridlines, family names, structure damage, and whether the watchtower/well is manned? As well as hunger of people? Just spinning ideas...

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 29, 2016, 02:08:32 PM »
I see the well now has the status of "graveyard", and I don't seem to be able to assign a villager to it. But the Watchtower has the status of building, and a villager can be assigned.

This seems to be a bug?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #26: August 30, 2016, 06:09:23 PM »
I'm having a few thoughts for additional information, yes.

For the original poster: You can also build a new hut if you don't like the one you start with. There are a few reasons why having two huts might be a good thing. I've lost at least two games because I only had one hut.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 30, 2016, 10:04:04 PM »

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: August 31, 2016, 07:56:57 PM »
The manual says that foxes come on day 3, but I don't see any evidence that they did come. No tracks or event notifications. Or would that only be if they hit walls or chicken houses?

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 01, 2016, 10:26:03 AM »
The manual says that foxes come on day 3, but I don't see any evidence that they did come. No tracks or event notifications. Or would that only be if they hit walls or chicken houses?

I think the manual lists the days that creatures _can_ arrive from, not that they definitely will.