Author Topic: East Continent Concerns About Xavax and Perdan  (Read 65737 times)

Schancke

• Knight
    • View Profile
I want to make it very clear that nobody wants to annihilate Xavax. The goal here is to preserve plurality in the south.
If Xavax plays smart they will come off with more regions than they had before the war.

I hope you are right.

The first thing that's scary is that Xavax Imperium claims lands that are resembling the good old Ibladesh - with Isadril added on top as an extra super bonus. Not exactly something that can be ignored by any realm remotely close to the south...

...I know Perdan joining in so closely after Vix did isn't well received in the player base of Xavax (and to a lesser extent the other realms), but this entire war and the many, many side events that spilled over into the Perdan/Vix-Eppy/Nivemus war made temperatures rise. Slap on to that the well stated intention of Xavax to conquer pretty much the entire South (though they offered Perdan Al Arab if we joined on their side, way back), it's pretty fair to say Perdan aims for a divided South rather than a behemoth who clearly hasn't any qualms about declaring war.

The first Xerarch left a mess on the rulers channel, but he was removed in a coup, partially because of that. OOC  you can't hardly take his statements to proof of the current strategy.

To my Characters knowledge, Xavax has only claimed Alaran lands, which of course is bad enough.
It's the only realm which we have declared war -  and Alara did try to assasinate the Xerach.
Although, I can admit some leaders - none mentioned - have a quite aggressive tone towards opponents...

But how is the war Xavax towards Alara different from Perdan's war on Eponnlyn?
Hasn't Perdan grown to a Behemoth, on the spoils of another, defeated realm? 
Hasn't Perdan warred more realms than Xavax?

Thirdly, Xavax made a giant fuzz when Stegman bought Isadril (perhaps rightfully so, though let's be fair, it should have had a lord anyway) and Fallangard decided to join that nuisance when they got some regions of Eponllyn. Essentially delaying Perdan for such a long time might be perceived as an anticipation of Perdan joining the Souther War. If that was the intention, well, they succeeded at least in delaying Perdan from intervening by two to three months. In summary though, the way Xavax/Fallangard treated regions that came under their rule while Perdan clearly said they would take it, didn't help relations.

I suppose this is a nice example on how how events are perceived differently based on the different perspective and added information.

Stegman bought Isadril in the wake of the coup agains Magnus Aurea  and before our war with Alara started.
I can assure you, there were noone in Xavax internally portraying Perdan as the enemy before or after that event, and Perdan intervention to a war that was yet to start wasn't given a thought.

When the Eponllyn regions fell to Fallangard, Xavax were fully occupied with our war on Alara, MN and Perleone - and, if discovered at all, the issue was not discussed.

I can see how, these events has built anti-sentiment for Xavax in Vix and Perdan.
However, the nobles of Xavax does not consider themselves in entity with Fallangard (with a plausible exception for a certain mastemind on top).
IC in Xavax, and OOC, one can hardly consider Xavax/Fallangard as a single entity of now.

Again, IC we might have messed up - and we are happily enjoying the consequences.
But I truly don't hope that a majority of BM players are OOC considering Xavax an evil that must be stopped in order to save the game of BM.