Author Topic: East Continent Concerns About Xavax and Perdan  (Read 64923 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
How about we settle with the whole community, players and devs, should have acted sooner? Now, where should we, players and devs, be concerned about now, not in yesteryear?

That the north of EC gets deadlocked in eternal peace again with Shadowdale being a puppet of Sirion, Nivemus same and Caligus pretty loyal to Vix and Sirion from so it seems*.

*Might be slightly biased though xD

But in all honesty, think every island has it's opportunities in the dozens.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:22:28 PM by Vita »
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
How about we settle with the whole community, players and devs, should have acted sooner? Now, where should we, players and devs, be concerned about now, not in yesteryear?

There are hardly any wars happening on Dwilight, basically everyone is at peace with the exception of Swordfell and Westfold.

Caligus in EC is playing everything way too safe in my opinion and is only getting involved in wars they know they will win (not taking any risks etc.)  I haven't been around long, but I have a small nastolgia of "Same people doing nothing" of course, that's all I can see... Caligus is very open and isn't silent, but it really has no enemies and just decides who to aid.

Swordfell is at war, not by their own accord, but it's still war.

I'm sure there's more happening in dwilight, but I simply don't see it... Just a small conquest in the West... In my personal opinion, Astrum should feel "entitled to their old land". Or some rulers should be threatened by this rogue rise of power.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
There are hardly any wars happening on Dwilight, basically everyone is at peace with the exception of Swordfell and Westfold.

Caligus in EC is playing everything way too safe in my opinion and is only getting involved in wars they know they will win (not taking any risks etc.)  I haven't been around long, but I have a small nastolgia of "Same people doing nothing" of course, that's all I can see... Caligus is very open and isn't silent, but it really has no enemies and just decides who to aid.

Swordfell is at war, not by their own accord, but it's still war.

I'm sure there's more happening in dwilight, but I simply don't see it... Just a small conquest in the West... In my personal opinion, Astrum should feel "entitled to their old land". Or some rulers should be threatened by this rogue rise of power.

Dwilight is a bit of a special case were most realms are still struggling with the monsters at this point. Luria Nova seems to be at a point were they're managing well again. Luria Borreal has its problems as does Fissoa. Not to mention the border realms at this point of D'hara, Madina and Astrum and I think the north as well. So that's the reason for the limited war on Dwilight for now.

The matter of Caligus concerns me a bit, as does Xavax. On the one hand I like Xavax/Fallangard cause they'll end up fighting Caligus for sure, but on the other hand I don't like the idea of the southern realms falling one by one into the formation of 1, or maybe two large realms (should fallangard for instance go after Perleone's lands). Perdan is a beautifull wildcard though, one I'll prob go to should Oligarch ever fall.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The matter of Caligus concerns me a bit, as does Xavax. On the one hand I like Xavax/Fallangard cause they'll end up fighting Caligus for sure, but on the other hand I don't like the idea of the southern realms falling one by one into the formation of 1, or maybe two large realms (should fallangard for instance go after Perleone's lands). Perdan is a beautifull wildcard though, one I'll prob go to should Oligarch ever fall.

How about we wait to see what happens in the south after the war. It is not Xavax's fault Minas Nova and Alara declared Hatred, and it is not as one-sided as it seems at this point. Although I admit that the mutual hatred status on Minas Nova is worrying, with Greater Xavax already having two cities, a one city realm in Semall wouldn't be very viable anyways. I have a plan for this anyways. :3

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
How about we wait to see what happens in the south after the war. It is not Xavax's fault Minas Nova and Alara declared Hatred, and it is not as one-sided as it seems at this point. Although I admit that the mutual hatred status on Minas Nova is worrying, with Greater Xavax already having two cities, a one city realm in Semall wouldn't be very viable anyways. I have a plan for this anyways. :3

Which is why I said it concerns me a bit. We're talking on an OOC level here and I've heard people saying stuff about a Xavax Imperium. What concerns me about all those things, is that we run the risk of creating big blocks of powers again. If Oligarch falls, the north will be a federation in all but name again, with Sirion, Nivemus and Shadowdale. If Xavax takes care of the south (creating new nations or not in some form of Imperium) you run the risk of having a southern block which stretches at least untill Ibladesh City. Then there are Vix, Perdan, Caligus in the centre were Caligus is allied to the north as well and Sirion and Perdan at hatred in all but name still. It will create a difficult situation for war again, or a very unfair war, which we should be carefull off.

So far I see no imminent problems, but that is something which could pose a problem in the long run, when Sirion now doubt will try to force Perdan back to (re-create at that time prob) Eponllyn and perhaps even take Perdan City again.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
You realize that Xavax is aligned against the Caligus bloc right now, yes? even if they follow through on your worst estimates, it will just mean that Caligus and pals actually have some sort of counter-balance. I'll give you a pass because your character isn't down here, but our ruler is very conscious of the need to avoid too much expansion. I'd suggest you talk with them before jumping to conclusions.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
You realize that Xavax is aligned against the Caligus bloc right now, yes? even if they follow through on your worst estimates, it will just mean that Caligus and pals actually have some sort of counter-balance. I'll give you a pass because your character isn't down here, but our ruler is very conscious of the need to avoid too much expansion. I'd suggest you talk with them before jumping to conclusions.

I'd suggest you read carefully both what I wrote and what you did. I'm just stating what could happen and how the current situation could evolve. I'm drawing no conclusions at all, merely stating what would be the adverse effect of should some things happen. I'd suggest we keep this discussion civilized and positive in respect to each other.

I do realize that Xavax is currently in the anti Caligus side, but if Vix joins them, as well as the northern block, then the south will be crushed in a matter of months. Having two of the blocks against one of the other (in any of the ways) will result in a completely unbalanced situation. Which explains why Perdan is the wild card in this matter (since they don't get along with Caligus that well). But if they decide to join the south in this scenario they will be wiped out pretty quick I'm afraid, unless they gain even more nobles. Which is also why I'll promote everyone in Oligarch to go to Perdan should Oligarch ever fall (IC of course) :-)

Also my thoughts on Xavax are a combination of what I've seen on this forum so far from Xavax' side and the fact that their enemies were so stupid to declare hatred on them, which means they'll have to deal with them firmly unfortunately.  This is not Xavax' fault, but it does pose potential problems for the future.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Perdan talks like its a wildcard, but it does not act like a wildcard.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Perdan talks like its a wildcard, but it does not act like a wildcard.

It's still the best bet, cause my hopes for Caligus are 0 and would have been lower, had that been possible. My hope for the north is gone entirely to be honest with Shadowdale's way of speaking and choices.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
That the north of EC gets deadlocked in eternal peace again with Shadowdale being a puppet of Sirion, Nivemus same and Caligus pretty loyal to Vix and Sirion from so it seems*.

*Might be slightly biased though xD

But in all honesty, think every island has it's opportunities in the dozens.
Huh? Nivemus declared War against Perdan not too long ago... Is that eternal peace? We just settled down the war though. Er, that was north realm at war with a central realm.

On Nivemus is puppet of Sirion, you have no idea unless you talk to some certain characters. On a personal note I think I need thank Chamberlain character, Catherine for giving Brock a chance to start Nivemus afresh.

If you dislike eternal peace in the north(aka no north realm at war with north realm), come join Nivemus and make the trouble from within. After all, we need nobles ::)

Which is why I said it concerns me a bit. We're talking on an OOC level here and I've heard people saying stuff about a Xavax Imperium. What concerns me about all those things, is that we run the risk of creating big blocks of powers again. If Oligarch falls, the north will be a federation in all but name again, with Sirion, Nivemus and Shadowdale. If Xavax takes care of the south (creating new nations or not in some form of Imperium) you run the risk of having a southern block which stretches at least untill Ibladesh City. Then there are Vix, Perdan, Caligus in the centre were Caligus is allied to the north as well and Sirion and Perdan at hatred in all but name still. It will create a difficult situation for war again, or a very unfair war, which we should be carefull off.
The last I looked at reports, Perdan has the top military CS in whole island. Sirion/Caligus come a close second. Oh wait, now it could have changed. The military strength change daily.

About the block of power you speaking of, well you have no idea. There are some things going on behind the scene. Sorry I cannot reveal much on forum.

So far I see no imminent problems, but that is something which could pose a problem in the long run, when Sirion now doubt will try to force Perdan back to (re-create at that time prob) Eponllyn and perhaps even take Perdan City again.
You have no idea, only characters in Perdan, Eponllyn and Nivemus do.

That is enough giveaways already ;)

Oh, please - give it a rest.

They had several years to write a 5 minute in game message saying rulers would be removed if things didn't change, or whatever course they chose to follow.

Leave out the "making them work harder" silliness.
Perhaps instead of developers rolling out a statement saying "you must do this and do that" every time, why not we put forward this limitation in game?

You can only have 2-3 allies Diplomacy, depending on how many realms on that one island.

Oh great, I just think of something to limit all realms I am playing in.
If this can improve game experience, why not? :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
You know nothing Jon Snow

I summarized your post for simplicity, but am actually pleased to read this. My concerns are based on everything I've seen happening in the last couple of years on the island and my knowledge of it, which is generally directed much to the north as you know. You are right though that if change in the north is to come, it's most likely from Nivemus. From Sirion I expect nothing anymore and Shadowdale could actually be somewhat of a wild card if given the opportunity (since it's ruled by a Mayhem after all), but it's currently so deadlocked between Caligus and Sirion, that without something else happening (aka Nivemus or whatever) they prob won't do a thing.

Well at this point my char no longer has the power to change anything anyway. Tried and failed, so I'll patiently await what will happen on EC now. The question was however what possible concerns we may have on the other islands, and this was my view on EC on what might happen when certain things play out, based on past and current events (as far as those are known).

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I personally would worry more about Perdan than Xavax on East Island.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I personally would worry more about Perdan than Xavax on East Island.

I don't see Perdan building big alliance blocks that will hold to be honest. They are powerful, yes, but in the current situation I'd say that's a good thing.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I don't see Perdan building big alliance blocks that will hold to be honest. They are powerful, yes, but in the current situation I'd say that's a good thing.

How the hell did you pull that logic? So Xavax, which is at a stalemate with three smaller realms, is a threat to the entire south, while Perdan, which is already the most powerful realm on the continent, is merely a sideshow? Besides that, the only realm Xavax is allied to is Fallangard. Your viewpoint is pretty ignorant about the South as a whole.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
How the hell did you pull that logic? So Xavax, which is at a stalemate with three smaller realms, is a threat to the entire south, while Perdan, which is already the most powerful realm on the continent, is merely a sideshow? Besides that, the only realm Xavax is allied to is Fallangard. Your viewpoint is pretty ignorant about the South as a whole.

Well quite simple. Due to the situation in the south with these rediculous hatred situations we run the risk of losing 2 or 3 realms in the south, so that's potentially a problem yes and Xavax taking power all over the south. I don't see Perdan doing so, which is why I made that statement.