Author Topic: Taking new regions becoming historically harder  (Read 30439 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
is it related to current invasion?

and how much population fengen had at that time? I mean it was always understandable by itself that large cities need so much knights to support stabilization that small realms cannot even think of it, but region with population of ca. 3000 should be different story.

anyhow it is possibly matter of time, when such "break-over"changed things if it is not my fantasy.

i remember times in itorunt when, in middle of heavy war, after whole army dealt with rebels initially, i was able to lead group of 3 to 4 skilled nobles, and we were bringing regions of 7-8.000 population up from bottom.

in current terms it means reaching at least "depressed/disdainful" condition.

on bt we have some informal blood truce period of about a month during heavy continental war, where we managed to bring region from deep hatred to the realm to top conditions with 6-7 nobles working permanently there, region of about 6.000 population.

is it my bad memory or things changed? i am not able to keep paper data of such things, but just looking at maps on continents where there are large wars shows a lot.

of course, lot of ravaged regions in heavy wars do add to realism, but the question is: were troubles raised too much.  if whole realm's army need 2 rl months to bring some moderate region up from very bottom, than... our possibilities for different strategies are likely very limited.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
is it related to current invasion?

and how much population fengen had at that time? I mean it was always understandable by itself that large cities need so much knights to support stabilization that small realms cannot even think of it, but region with population of ca. 3000 should be different story.

The third invasion. Fengen is a small city to begin with, and had little population left.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Dragon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Taking new regions becoming historically harder
« Reply #92: September 06, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »
It is becoming more and more frustrating to takeover new regions. And I've been seeing more and more people say, over the years, "No, we will not get into a conflict with our neighbor, because we do not have the means to sustain any more regions". It's suffocating the gameplay.
Players are spending more and more time and effort on region maintenance over the years, and less over actually fighting.

Hear ye, hear ye.
Refocus the game on battles rather than maintainance. Is not the name of the game BattleMaster?
Alternatively rename the game MaintainanceMaster... ?  I prefer the first option myself and believe most would agree. If we wanted to play Sim City we would probably... well ... play Sim City..
Put the battle back in BattleMaster !

PS: Credits to the Development team which is constantly working to improve the game. Yes we may take a wrong turn every now and then but everything done is in with the best interest of the game in mind and should one make a wrong turn one can always turn right again at the next corner. No doubt we will see the game improve soon enough. gogo Dev team!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:35:16 AM by Dragon »