Author Topic: Dwilight alliances...  (Read 15819 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight alliances...
« Reply #15: May 19, 2016, 09:17:34 PM »
The talk of reforming Terran is the most boring thing that's come up in the last few months. I bet it'll even be named 'Terran' or something like 'Terrandale' and be a realm founded on justice and honour and goodness reclaiming it's lost lands and battling monsters for years . Boring

The trouble maker imaginative creator nobles of Dwilight have been successfully purged by years of failed ways to make the game fun and what's left is milqtoast vanilla

well hopefully the Westfold / Swordfell war will have Swordfell come up with a massive federated alliances of Astrum/Morek/Arnor when things get tough for them. Maybe play the SA card *yawn*
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 19, 2016, 09:18:24 PM »
HD is much in the same boat as Morek in terms of martial capability. Which was why first we were attempting to coordinate together against another realm. Seoras had sent a few letters about either food or if they needed combat assistance to Morek before Aegir's Deep was returned. We had sent food while Aletha was still around, but I didn't hear anything after Katrina became ruler. After that fell through, Katrina asked about Taishan. I was going to propose a limited war between Morek-HD over Taishan to give both our realms something to do, but Katrina never replied to my reply, so it never got that far.

Perhaps we should not assume we need to occupy every region on the map until everyone is a lord?

I heard Westfold had a lot of fun last time they fought there too. ;) Hopefully we can avoid that debacle ourselves, if we go out there.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 19, 2016, 09:55:53 PM »
Reforming Terran in a high NPC monster area without any other potential stressors sounds like a recipe for disaster, they will literally sit there for many rl years before anyone else bothers to set up a kingdom there. Look at Westgard they can barely hold onto what they have and are barely involved in world politics. Its boring, unless you lile fighting monsters and collecting gold which neither interest me at all. I have played this game for a decade or so and been absolutely broke living tax to tax since I started, I have nothing except for about 5 or so times wearing a crown on my head ruling kingdoms and a vast amount of adventured roleplayed stories that have developed over that decade. This game is good when it imvolves human conflict and not very good when it involves monsters and gold.

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 20, 2016, 04:22:37 AM »
So far I haven't seen Swordfell's allies in a hurry to join in the war and stomp Westfold. Probably because they've other more urgent fish to fry. Regardless, it's helping keep our part of Dwilight entertaining.

We're having a fine little war with wins and losses for both sides and more than enough risk of disaster I think -- well, at least from our side of the equation, I don't know how they feel. For us it's way better than fighting an AI monster or sitting on ever larger piles of gold.

OOC'ly i hope the Swordfell players recognize it as a chance to do something different for a while. I've had some people in and out of the conflict message me and suggest we started the war 'cause we were bored. That's putting the cart before the horse. It's because it's interesting to reach for something that's not a certainty.

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 20, 2016, 09:21:20 AM »
Not an exactly fair assessment given the western continent is mostly off limits.

It's not at all off limits, and psychologically, players look at all those empty cities and think, "Why should I spend 6 months trying to take a city from my neighbor and it'll go to someone else in the realm when I can just trail blaze?"

Not that easy, of course, but people do it.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 20, 2016, 10:39:54 AM »
Reforming Terran in a high NPC monster area without any other potential stressors sounds like a recipe for disaster, they will literally sit there for many rl years before anyone else bothers to set up a kingdom there. Look at Westgard they can barely hold onto what they have and are barely involved in world politics. Its boring, unless you lile fighting monsters and collecting gold which neither interest me at all. I have played this game for a decade or so and been absolutely broke living tax to tax since I started, I have nothing except for about 5 or so times wearing a crown on my head ruling kingdoms and a vast amount of adventured roleplayed stories that have developed over that decade. This game is good when it imvolves human conflict and not very good when it involves monsters and gold.

Well if you're feeling crazy, you're always welcome in Luria Borreal. After Arkady's ousting, the realm has now pretty much been taken over by religious nutjobs (of ESA, not SA) who have begun rebuilding the realm. Right now it's fighting monsters to re-establish controll while exerting the religious mandate and war will come soon enough. Of that I'm sure. It's good to be playing a religious char again, forgot how much fun it could be.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 03, 2016, 09:11:05 AM »
After that fell through, Katrina asked about Taishan. I was going to propose a limited war between Morek-HD over Taishan to give both our realms something to do, but Katrina never replied to my reply, so it never got that far.
You should talk to the General Master of War Gary of Morek. Maybe Generals have power to come out with something fun, without making it unfun 8)

When I saw Dhara starting to ally/peace many realms not too long ago, many nobles did comment we are doing peacemaster and not battlemaster. I was going to propose limited realms alliance to limit allies you can have. But then I realize developers already have many things on their plates to munch on :P

Next I am thinking should we get Zuma become crazy and go after human realm ;D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 04, 2016, 04:40:31 AM »
I've been blabbering on about limited alliances and smaller realms since forever and it just won't happen. We are doomed to play out this game on some sort of real world timeline, a few hundred years from now some horde will come riding down from some place and wipe out someone and then become the ruling empire and repeat ad infintum. We care far too much about holding what we have instead of taking someone elses.

Skirting boards

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 04, 2016, 08:50:29 AM »
HD is much in the same boat as Morek in terms of martial capability. Which was why first we were attempting to coordinate together against another realm. Seoras had sent a few letters about either food or if they needed combat assistance to Morek before Aegir's Deep was returned. We had sent food while Aletha was still around, but I didn't hear anything after Katrina became ruler. After that fell through, Katrina asked about Taishan. I was going to propose a limited war between Morek-HD over Taishan to give both our realms something to do, but Katrina never replied to my reply, so it never got that far.

Katrina is probably one of the most boring rulers in BM, doesnt talk to the realm, doesnt talk to other rulers, doesnt do anything but sit in 1 spot day in day out. Even with all the excitement going on in Morek right now she has barely said a word.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 04, 2016, 06:49:05 PM »
better get rid of her then.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 04, 2016, 06:57:45 PM »
better get rid of her then.

They did. It's why Morek now has a Mayhem ruler. Talk about going from the frying pan and into the fire, eh.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 04, 2016, 07:29:24 PM »
They did. It's why Morek now has a Mayhem ruler. Talk about going from the frying pan and into the fire, eh.

Interesting to note also that Morek's new ruler seems more interested in re-creating Terran than he is in Morek :p
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Skirting boards

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 04, 2016, 07:32:03 PM »
Interesting to note also that Morek's new ruler seems more interested in re-creating Terran than he is in Morek :p

He is also adamant on reinstating Katrina as soon as he leaves.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 04, 2016, 08:11:27 PM »
He is also adamant on reinstating Katrina as soon as he leaves.

That's a violation of the rules I believe, the Placeholder one to be specific.

Skirting boards

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 04, 2016, 09:26:03 PM »
That's a violation of the rules I believe, the Placeholder one to be specific.

Well Mayhem and his cronies started a rebellion and overthrew the newleader we elected in order to do so.