Author Topic: Firebrand society  (Read 6409 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Firebrand society
« Reply #15: May 24, 2016, 12:00:51 AM »
I wonder how much that had to do with just trust thouh. Eponllyn as far as I know wasn't even so keen on the war as they had nothing to gain and it was supposed to be a war to gain passage rights into Sirion and Nivemus for Perdan and Vix respectively. This later turned into a slaugther of Eponllyn even after they had agreed upon the passage rights. This all happened way before Eponllyn ever declared hatred. That pretty much only happened when Eponllyn was back to only Westmoor area and about to be destroyed in their eyes.

I do see what you mean however concerning the matter of trust and agree with you for the most part. But at the same time, I play a very arrogant char in EC for instance and he may well decide to punish someone severely anyway. Like you can't promise never to destroy them on an OOC level, that threat should somehow be there, but it should not be the only option people consider, not by far.

On Dwilight I hope to soon introduce a nice surprise and with Oligarch I also intend to start minor conflicts in the future, should we ever get the opportunity that is. I think however that where some OOC debate is definately healthy, it should not spring into an OOC group deciding and controlling things beforehand. That is the distinction I would like to make here with my rambling.

I don't see how OOC planning in and of itself is bad. So long as you aren't trying to leave out other players IC, then it can really only help, as there is only so much you can say IC towards planning something before people stop the thing dead in its tracks before you even start. Also, it seems that you still haven't learned from the various My Guy Syndrome talks.

People too often use a single line of logic for their characters, meaning if someone else does "blank", then said character will always do "blank", making characters unable to be flexible according to what the player wants to do. This isn't a game where playing a character a certain way all the time is the right way to play them.