Author Topic: BM Performance drop!!!  (Read 2004 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
BM Performance drop!!!
« Topic Start: May 22, 2016, 10:46:18 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm going to post it here, to reach more folks. I've asked around on IRC and no one really seems to have any trouble with the performance of BM lately.

Since friday, BM is loading very slow for me, that includes this forum too by the way. Sometimes I even just get timeouts and can't even connect to BM. Same on mobile too.

Since nobody else seem to have the problem, I'm not sure what can be done about it. But playing BM like this is not possible, kind of frustrating.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: BM Performance drop!!!
« Reply #1: May 22, 2016, 11:15:05 AM »
Since no one else is noticing this, it is obviously something at your end. I'll assume you don't have trouble with other sites, only BM.  This could be 1) your devices 2) your location 3) something in the network with your webhost

So, let's start by telling us those things in as much detail as you can.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 22, 2016, 11:25:06 AM »
Indeed, only with BM site, bugtracker, Forum. All other websites work fine so it's not my connection in general.

I live in  Belgium, so if other people from this area have any trouble, let me know. At the moment, I can not reach fellow Belgian players.

Network and webhost thingies, I have 0 experience with this. Vita told me last night something about my connection with Cloudfare, perhaps (it's the hosting company)? Just not sure why I would be the only one affected by this.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 23, 2016, 11:54:34 AM »
I heard other Belgians had the same issue.

Since now I'm on a different network, we're thinking it has to do with the Telenet provider.

We'll have to contact them if this continues.

Skirting boards

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 24, 2016, 09:20:18 PM »
If it helps, I know from my end that BM went offline yesterday for like 5 minutes and was very slow before it went offline.

Im in Canada.