Author Topic: SA vs ES  (Read 8081 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: SA vs ES
« Reply #15: June 01, 2016, 01:04:14 AM »

You do not necessarily have to send your entire force to attack, something as simple as a raid enough to make things interesting. 

Things that cause upsets and drama, that will make the more island interesting. Right now, no one will care... they have their own issues to take care of. Swordfell has a plan to stay in the war, it is something that is quite obvious and not too hard to accomplish.

You can be hostile and still maintain your land.
So much this! I really wish more realms would pick smaller conflicts instead of the usual wars of annihilation or submission.

But I can't recall a single armed conflict in BM where it was just part of a realm involved and not all of it. The different realm armies might fight in different places, but they are all fighting. Part of the reason I've always wished we could have more a more duchy-centric game is that I think (or hope, at least) that it would encourage Dukes to be a little more ambitious. Most Dukes are just glorified caretakers, and only a few try to wield their power to further their own ambitions. And often those who do are put down for the greater good of the realm.

Duchy politics and global mortality for characters would give this game a lift in the RP department. These days it's 90% strategy and 10% roleplaying, which is a damn shame.