Author Topic: Age. Sucks.  (Read 23933 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Age. Sucks.
« Reply #30: June 04, 2016, 02:42:02 PM »
How does that fix the problem?

They prolly don't care since they don't use the gold for anything.

Or else they DO care, like the Dukes of Cagilan Empire, and they just throw the Ruler out.

Even those who wish to maintain their position do care about the gold they get, that's often half the reason why they do it I think. This suggestion would in fact increase the power dynamics between Dukes and the ruler and the different dukes amongst themselves etc. If I'm an active Duke I could get the ruler to levy no taxes to me in exchange of extra support or whatever. At this point a Lord can also not be stripped of his title for instance. Being able to strip Dukes of titles will only result in new rulers being elected and then subsequently grabbing more power for them and their friends. If I get a large enough group of people in a realm and then elect the ruler we could strip all the Dukes of the realm (and their Lordships) and then take them for ourselves and effectively take all the power. In my opinion this would take away even more of the dynamic and would push people evern further into the "must do right for the realm, not for me"  kind of mentality and in my opinion we should go the other way around. "Less purely for the realm and also more for yourself, after all as Duke you'd want to keep your position"
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela