Author Topic: Age. Sucks.  (Read 23942 times)

Renodin

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Age. Sucks.
« Reply #30: June 04, 2016, 05:00:42 PM »
Read the convo and I have to say, the more I read the more I like Anaris's idea of Health.

Active and engaging characters are the movers and drivers of the game, regardless of age. You have Rebellions and other ingame mechanics to get rid of dinosaur chars. I also think that actual inactive chars should be dealt with more effectively. There are chars who just do nothing at all. Limiting their hours won't affect them I reckon, Do I know what would affect them from a mechanics point of view? I do not.

Then again, I do know there are Ingame ways of dealing with them. My Oldest Char is 45 ish years old? I sometimes struggle with RPing him or portraying him. He's getting into the zone of being regarded like a sage and a living piece of history. Do I use this to my full advantage and tell stories of the old days and educate younger chars? Definitively, this opened up an entirely new arena and sphere of influence for me to use and employ!

I think the playerbase itself is increasingly becoming more and more unwilling or unable to roleplay. To instigate, to explore and to craft stories. The dinosaurs hold power because of their influence, sure they do. Creating new stories will give you the very same influence.  I've done it with a slew of different types of chars, Even evil ones, good ones, chaotic ones, peaceful ones and weird ones.

Make a presence, a personality and you will gain the influence to affect real change within the game. Do I like the idea of positive rewards in regards to active players? Definitively. Because that's what makes the game fun, players.

Anyhow, Cheers Anaris for your work.