Author Topic: Scroll of Eternal Youth  (Read 7493 times)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Scroll of Eternal Youth
« Topic Start: June 05, 2016, 01:00:03 AM »
regardless of how the topic of Aging goes, thought this was a good idea for a scroll.

Most of them don't seem that powerful, so maybe only removing 2-4 years is appropriate.

(A scroll that removes X years of age from user,  in case it's not clear what I'm talking about)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Scroll of Eternal Youth
« Reply #1: June 05, 2016, 11:18:23 AM »
Or kind of like the necklace of the woman in red (GoT reference)? :D It keeps you young as long as you manage to hold onto it.

But that would maybe be more of an idea for a unique item.

I like the idea of removing several years of age due to a scroll being used.. and in some rare chance it actually adds to your age :D
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 08, 2016, 05:08:38 PM »
Or kind of like the necklace of the woman in red (GoT reference)? :D It keeps you young as long as you manage to hold onto it.

But that would maybe be more of an idea for a unique item.

I like the idea of removing several years of age due to a scroll being used.. and in some rare chance it actually adds to your age :D

I've been wondering about this one myself. Does the scroll actually do anything? I used it a while ago on Garas' wife Catherine (who doesn't want a younger wife hehe) but don't think anything happened at all. I got the casting message etc, but he even kept the scroll for later use.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 08, 2016, 05:24:21 PM »
If you might notice the board's name: 'Feature Requests' and the original poster suggesting this as one such request.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 05:26:01 PM by Vita »

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 09, 2016, 09:04:38 AM »
If you might notice the board's name: 'Feature Requests' and the original poster suggesting this as one such request.

That I noticed, but my question was more related to: "But what do the scrolls do now then, or just nothing?"

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 09, 2016, 09:11:14 AM »
Nothing because a Scroll of Eternal Youth does not exist, because it is only a suggested feature request by Noone you know. He did suggest that the Scroll of Eternal Youth would remove years from a character's age, so that should answer what it would do, if it did exist.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 09, 2016, 03:04:01 PM »
Now I am wondering how Gabanus managed to use it if it doesn't exist  ;D

Either way, I think it's a fun idea for a new scroll, if noone is against, lets take it up on the bugtracker list?

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 09, 2016, 07:31:17 PM »
i think he might be referring to the glow of health scroll
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #8: August 01, 2016, 02:35:04 AM »
Machiavel Chernier RP'd using one after the Dragon Cornation in D'Hara so he could get an heir on Dragon Princess Selena Ironsides. I think Yeux Serpantis RP'd something similar when he RPd a marriage with Mayra Tandaros in Melhed. I assumed the magic existed for it bc why not?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 01, 2016, 05:32:48 AM »
No Garas had and used that scroll.

also managed to get one made on Beluaterra by my advy and sold it to one of the elder statesmen of Nothoi.

Definitely exists just not entirely sure if the casting has any effect.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 01, 2016, 10:11:16 AM »
Now I am wondering how Gabanus managed to use it if it doesn't exist  ;D

Either way, I think it's a fun idea for a new scroll, if noone is against, lets take it up on the bugtracker list?

Well simple, Garas is special so he apparently traveled to the future to get one  8) And he was so cool that when he used it on Catherine, he actually kept it?

Name   Details   Actions
Pain and Suffering   This fairly easy but evil ritual will cause another character pain and suffering, disabling him for a couple hours.
Fountain of Youth   This scroll is said to make old men feel young again. It will give new energy to its target and remove fatigue.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 01, 2016, 10:36:42 AM »
Well simple, Garas is special so he apparently traveled to the future to get one  8) And he was so cool that when he used it on Catherine, he actually kept it?

Name   Details   Actions
Pain and Suffering   This fairly easy but evil ritual will cause another character pain and suffering, disabling him for a couple hours.
Fountain of Youth   This scroll is said to make old men feel young again. It will give new energy to its target and remove fatigue.

Yeah I can see in the code that it exists. Doesn't do what I expected it to do, though.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 01, 2016, 12:18:06 PM »
I dont know, but i think it clearly says it will remove fatigue? So i guess its for advies to remove fatigue?
~Violence is always an option!~

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 01, 2016, 03:17:35 PM »
Yeah I can see in the code that it exists. Doesn't do what I expected it to do, though.

Then what does it do? Eh, I might use it for RP purposes at this point...

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 01, 2016, 03:43:09 PM »
Hold your horses, folks! Sometimes it helps to read slowly rather than skim and jump to conclusions.

The Scroll of Eternal Youth does not exist and this very thread was started as a feature request for it *to* exist (for the purpose of reducing character age by a couple years). If it already existed, why would someone ask for it to be created?

The Scroll of Eternal Youth does not exist. The Scroll of Fountain of Youth, and the Scroll of Glow of Health, do exist.

The Scroll of Fountain of Youth reduces advy fatigue (I think in half, by memory?) and increases the target's number of hours by two.
The Scroll of Glow of Health heals soldiers in a unit.