Author Topic: Green Dragon - Hardcore SMP Minecraft - Mumble  (Read 22896 times)

Nerukou

• Knight
    • View Profile
Green Dragon isn't anything special. We don't have serious role-play, we don't have epic PvP, we aren't a trending niche server such as the Hunger Games. We're just your basic semi-Vanilla SMP experience. If you're tired of all the servers with huge command lists, where you need a reference manual just to play, then why not stop by. We're friendly, have a small community, and a fresh map.

We'd love to see you around!

We've enabled Votifier! Vote daily on PlanetMinecraft for a diamond!

Features:
  • No white-list - Join and play immediately. Once you've looked at the signs in the spawn, you are free to venture forth without any more hurdles. No needing to wait for white-list approval, or for an admin to rank you.
  • No bloat - We don't have tons of useless plugins. We have just the basics to give you an enjoyable Vanilla experience. There is no need to memorize tons of commands.
  • Effortless area protection - Never fear griefing again. You can claim whole chunks just by building on them. No commands, no waiting for admins, no hassle.
  • Legitimate - Everything you see outside the spawn was built the hard way. Nobody, including admins, get to spawn items, ever, for any reason.
  • Friendly community - We're nice people. And we like to play with other nice people.
  • Small community - Right now, Green Dragon is still a small community of players. You can easily get to know everybody.
  • Fresh map - We just started up, so the map is wide open for settlement. We feature large biomes, so finding the right spot for you should be no problem at all.
  • Community website - We also have a community website with news, indie game reviews, tutorials, and forums. Sign up with your Minecraft username to import your avatar.
NOTE: Do not join and ask to become a mod or admin. If you do, you disqualify yourself forever from such a position.

96.8.117.2:25591
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:01:32 AM by Nerukou »

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft SMP server
« Reply #1: June 22, 2011, 11:18:49 PM »
I've played on an iConomy server before, and I must say... you need active admins/mods to keep it running, and probably a broad player base.

Anyway, I'll be checking it out soon.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 22, 2011, 11:55:24 PM »
So what /is/ Minecraft? I saw some memes about it, but I don't really get the fuzz. Virtual lego?

Nerukou

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 22, 2011, 11:56:53 PM »
Yes, I'm aware it can be hard to get the money flowing to begin with. I've a few ways I plan to deal with hat. Implemented right now are, of course, bounties on hostile mobs. I was also planning a daily 'stipend' for logging in, or awarding players for how many blocks they create/destroy.

And of course, I'm active daily. The broad player base I'm working on.

Nerukou

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 23, 2011, 12:06:37 AM »
So what /is/ Minecraft? I saw some memes about it, but I don't really get the fuzz. Virtual lego?

I would say that's oversimplifying it a little. The below trailer and review give you a sense of what it's like to play Minecraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/707771/what-the-hell-is-minecraft-and-why-the-hell-should-you-care/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:10:28 AM by Nerukou »

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 23, 2011, 12:15:37 AM »
Sounds cool, actually :) something for next winter, perhaps :P

Kind of makes me think of the Dungeon Keeper, without the boring parts :)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #6: June 23, 2011, 03:30:53 AM »
Meme:

I don't usually play minecraft...

But when I do, I make a floating castle underground under lavafalls that takes forever to make and 10 minutes to destroy.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 23, 2011, 04:36:30 AM »
So... what's the IP address?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nerukou

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 23, 2011, 06:50:23 AM »
So... what's the IP address?

I guess that might be necessary. Edited first post.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 24, 2011, 02:06:55 AM »
I guess that might be necessary. Edited first post.

I'll check it out later, when I'm at home. I like that game, though I have yet to achieve anything truly impressive, construction-wise. Most of my achievements are rather simple buildings, towers, and rail networks. I must say I love building suspended rail networks, but damn does it take a lot of gold...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 24, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »
Mob Grinder Towers ftw

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 24, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »
I spawned at night... Died a few times fending off the mobs. Then I realized there was a box of freebies, but I couldn't open it. Had to bust it open to get stuff. I then placed the box back, but it wouldn't let me put the freebies back in. Sorry. :/

Now it's bugging out a bit.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 24, 2011, 06:11:15 PM »
I keep crashing...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 24, 2011, 07:26:29 PM »
I met someone, he wouldn't respond to me. I whacked him once, he didn't seem happy. We fought. He killed me, but then I respawned right next to him and finished him off. He had a ton of stuff on him. Kinda looked like he had griefed people. :/

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 24, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
I met someone, he wouldn't respond to me. I whacked him once, he didn't seem happy. We fought. He killed me, but then I respawned right next to him and finished him off. He had a ton of stuff on him. Kinda looked like he had griefed people. :/

Confirmed, he had destroyed the box and the signs at the spawn.