Author Topic: My Family is gone from the Database?  (Read 2704 times)

Kaltenthal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
My Family is gone from the Database?
« Topic Start: June 03, 2016, 12:48:48 PM »
Hey people.

Id love to come back to BM and would like to know if theres the slightest possibility that my old family is still floating around on some DB backup.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Re: My Family is gone from the Database?
« Reply #1: June 03, 2016, 01:25:53 PM »
If i have understood right, thats not possible.

-jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 03, 2016, 01:41:45 PM »
Depends on how long you've been gone.

If it's more than 3 months, then your family and all information associated with it has been deleted. The only thing we'd have left, in a separate table, is a record of your family name...which you could just as easily type in when creating a new one.

Sorry. We just don't keep data for people who disappear and will probably never come back.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 03, 2016, 02:04:25 PM »
Nice to have you back though.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 05, 2016, 11:23:05 AM »
Hey people.

Id love to come back to BM and would like to know if theres the slightest possibility that my old family is still floating around on some DB backup.

Good to have you back, if you decide to join!

I wondered the exact same thing after taking a break from BM for several years and got the exact same answers. I ignored the reminder emails so didn't log in in time.

I just created a new family with exactly the same name, and roleplay them (in game and on wiki) as being the same family. That is, if you don't want to create an entire new family of course.

Have fun!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Kaltenthal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 06, 2016, 09:48:23 PM »
Im thinking about taking the same name again, but it wont really make any sense. The characters that ive played would be either VERY VERY old (4 hrs) or dead by now. So id have to create complete new ones. Also naming the chars the same would not automagically grant me any roles back that i fulfilled.
Ill def join again because i miss you super talented RP bunch a lot.. but i still have to think about my name. prolly will go for Kaltenthal again but who knows

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 06, 2016, 09:54:19 PM »
can always do a new generation of the same family name, kids or younger relatives of your old chars
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 07, 2016, 02:18:04 PM »
can always do a new generation of the same family name, kids or younger relatives of your old chars

I'm not sure whether you misunderstood, but above what JDodger said is exactly what I did.

I used the same family name and created characters with different names. I RP them as son of, daughter of, cousin of,.. That kind of stuff.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)