Community > This Forum

Forum merging / new structure

<< < (2/4) > >>

Andrew:
Oh, I should state, the admin toolbox won't have anything to work off of if you don't give people some time to sync their email addresses if they have accounts on both forums, since users can't change their own usernames. Should be something to give people a heads up about before you pull the trigger on any of this.

I can throw up an announcement on the M&F forum, but I have no such privileges here.

On that same note, I'll sit down tonight after I get home and start purging some of the never-used accounts from the M&F forum to cut down on database size and processing time. Anything not logged in after registration for 14 days will be considered fair game or never posted from AND not logged in recently will be purged.

After that, I can have the forum send out an email to all remaining users to give them an alert on what's happening, once you've got a firm timeline on when you want all this to happen Tom.

Anaris:
I apologize for not posting before now.

Tom, please do not merge the forums until and unless you can guarantee that the BM forum integration will continue to work (even if we have to adjust the code some).

Losing that would be a devastating blow to the dev team and the Titans.

Tom:
I think I put the forum integration into an actual package, so it should be easy to put that into the new forum.

But again, we can simply test it when we set up the test run. For this thing, we will do a test run.

Andrew:
Alrighty, so I'm moving ahead with making this doable. I'll spend the next day or so getting the process for this down pat, and hopefully this will all happen sometime in the next few days.

At the worst, given the activity levels of the baords, there might be a few posts that get dropped in the move, but I don't foresee there being any other issues.

Anaris:
Please confirm 100% before you make the transition that the forum integration will survive the merger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version