Author Topic: Beta Client Feedback  (Read 46388 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Client Feedback
« Reply #30: September 01, 2016, 11:20:38 PM »
There's an incredibly function/bug to do with map scrolling and the chat window:

Basically, when you are scrolling around using the arrow keys, the focus will suddenly swap to the chat window, meaning that you can't continue scrolling without clicking somewhere one the map.

I'm running my game in windows mode, and the arrows seem to sometimes scroll the chat (while also moving the screen), and other times put typing focus on the chat window (as mentioned above). I'm still trying to figure out exactly when it does it...I thought it was holding left mouse and then down (got it reproduce about 10 times consecutively doing that, clicking on a plot that opened an action window, closing the window, then repeating). However, when I deselected chat window focus by clicking on a plot that /didn't/ open an action window, the Left arrow/down arrow no longer triggered the chat focus as before.

Ok, it appears that clicking on a plot on which you can perform an action (and then closing it) somehow makes the arrows keys start targeting the chat bar. The arrow keys start to scroll the chat, and they also active the chat bar focus (left + down simultaneously seems to do it most often).